Veterans who happen to be quilters

I am another one who was never active duty but followed military. My Dad was Army Air Corp which turned into the Air Force 2nd DH was Air Force (1st was just a civilian dud), both Dad and Jim spent 30+ years in uniform and saw action in World War II and Vietnam. My youngest son is a commander in the Coast Guard and is now assigned to the White House. I have no idea why he was aboard (and will never kinow) but he did call me from Air Force One. Sorta made my day - wonder if they would have put the call through if they knew it was going to a died in the wool republican!

:P:D:o:P

How many days to MQS!

Judith Fosse

Verry Southern Illinois

Regarding AnnHenry's comment at her brother's disrespectful advice:

My dad married the first week he joined the army. That was 1941-1942. He was 19 years old. His wife wanted to join the army too. He tried to talk her into staying at home. After three months they were divorced. He went to New Jersey, she went to Florida. I don't know the details, but I remember him saying that "nice girls didn't join the army". There are a lot of things I don't understand about my dad. And that is one of them. I just don't tolerate prejudice like that.

Dad served his four years in the army, was on his way to Hawaii when Pearl Harbor was bombed, returned to states and never left the country. He eventually was sent to British Columbia, Prince Rupert, where he met my mom and they were married for 57 years before she passed away.

My DH served six years in Oregon National Guard. My brother was USMC, Viet Nam 13 months. My son-in-law was in one of the first to be deployed to Iraq--Oregon National Guard. He and my daughter have been married nine years and have three lovely children.

I really appreciate our military citizens. It is NOT an easy life. DD worked in the family support while DSIL was overseas and it was heartbreaking to have to deal with spouses and families left behind and their problems. More heartbreaking when those came home to dysfunctional families.

The reason I appreciate our military citizens is because I depend on them to defend our country and our freedoms. Without our military, we are at risk. I am shamed by our government who wants to downsize our military and close bases and decommission our defense armor. I would rather have a strong military than all the welfare dependents who waste our resources.

Getting off the soapbox.

Hooah! Go Troops! Men, women, young and old! Thank you for defending my freedoms and making our country safe. God bless you!

Archived