Pantos...Where do I begin?????

I would like to build a basic library of pantos. Everything that I have done thus far is free hand. If I am going to do a busiess (in the future), then I should have a small collection (3-5) pantos. Now what to choose??? What do customers usually like?

I will be going to the NQA in June and attending a couple of classes on longarm quilting. Would this be the best place to pick up pantos?

I've come to pantos only lately, doing only freehand up until now. I don't like the designs that look too much like the bed spreads at motels, personal preference only, but limited my selections for a while.

Now, there are sooo many awesome pantos that have the look of a lovely freehand all over w/out having to do the figuring, worrying about density or getting out of a corner..:P

I love Feelin' Groovy, Star Swirl, and Rosie. Those have been my staples. I bought them all from Willow leaf, but see they no longer carry the first two. I did see those at Columbia River though. I just placed an order at WL today for 3 more....Dragonfly pond, Pine Cones, and Flames.

I bought one used called Celestial and it is SO detailed and intense I have to price it at my semi-custom price. I also picked up a kitty one that I've yet to use.

Hi Denice,

I'm a big panto fan and here are some that I use more than others.

'Spaced Out' ...........is a fun panto and great for boys

'Daisies Galore' and 'Hearts in Bloom' .....lovely for girls of all ages

'Camellias' look beautiful quilted up, too

the above are from Timeless Quilting Designs

I also love Keryn Emmersons 'Oriental Clouds'........looks fab on Japanese fabrics and also lovely on baby quilts.

Happy shopping

Cheers

Hi Denice

My top 3 favourites are:

Daisy Chain - by Darlene Epp - www.trilliumhousedesigns.com

Popcorn and Angel Wings - www.willowleafstudio.com

Hearts in Bloom and Feathered Garden 1 - www.timelessquiltingdesigns.com

My favourite sites are the 3 above and www.lorienquilting.com

best wishes

sue in australia

Archived