I need some Inspiration...

OMG Linda, I've never seen applique like that, never and I worked in our LQS for 7 years! I just don't understand how anything sewn like that can leave the house....you did a beautiful job on the quilitng!

Yeah Shana, wine, blindfold and no I was too young in the 60's too, same age as Kevin Arnold and Winnie Cooper in the Wonder Years! Party quilting that's what we need to get us through the 'I can't think what to do with this quilt times!'

When uninspired, I say go to a quilt show! I went to the Mokoshika Quilt Show in Glendive, MT today with my sister. We had a great day and bought too much fabric from the vendors. At quilt shows you truly see many different levels of quilters. This show had a neat idea and had an entry category for Men quilters. John Flynn from Billings even had some quilts there. And the youth category had some great ideas in it. Some of the quilts made by the youth were stitched in the ditch with the fancy stiches on your regular sewing machine. I thought that was a neat idea instead of just a plain straight stitch. There was a display there that had I would guess 10 quilts that were given to the lucky neighbor of some people who cleaning out their relatives place and just didn't get their value. They were going to give them to good will if this neighbor didn't want them. I should have grabbed a picture of them. Your talking Grandmother's Fower Garden, and other intricately pieced quilts. A lucky neighbor! Anyway it was a fun, very inspiring day! And next weekend I get to be at our guild's quilt show in Glasgow, Montana. It's a rough life!

Linda - I couldn't even get the OMG out - just squinted at the screen trying to figure out what I was looking at - it almost looks like she used carpet thread ................. your beautiful quilting will be overshadowed by those weird things!!! You get the prize for getting to whine today.......

Maybe someone could help this gal learn the button hole stitch on the machine. At least the beasts would be nailed down. That is trully some shall we say" primitive chic applique". Elly the queen of applique came to our guild and I think "what would elly say" Ha Ha

Archived