Claudia's Quilt at our wall in Oss

The Audacious Auction is one of my favorite events at MQS. The big guns (CEOs of the machine companies and known

Men of MQS) run from one side of the ballroom to the other carrying the quilt for display to current or potential bidders.

It is very exciting. The auctioneer did not show up so Mark from APQS took over that role and what fun. He did a soft

shoe dance, sang, and did a he-ba-da-he-ba-da imitation of how auctions stir up the crowd to get higher bids.

They made over $5,500 from the quilts donated by previous years IMQA scholarship recipients as well as known master

quilters like Claudia, Birgit, and Judy Woodworth. There were some real beauties there. I saw a white wholecloth by

Darcy Brown that I would love to have.

Most of the bids were in $50 increments, one bid and then another bidder for $50 more. But at one point it dragged to

$10 differences in the bid.

But when Claudia's quilt came up for bid, there was a frenzy until it went past the $800 mark and it slowed down to just

2, maybe 3 bidders. Theo finally stood up and told Mark that he would make his job easier and bid $1,000 for Claudia's

quilt. He won it. We were all so excited, on our feet applauding. It was a great auciton.

About that description.....MaryBeth you wrote an awesome one. It made the evening even more fun with all the detailed descriptive phrases. Mark made it even more fun by putting his head down on the podium as if "when will this descriptive narrative ever end". Theo, please type it up and post.

Actually, I cannot take all the credit. I started it...Claudia wanted more...I wrote more, printed it off and took it to Claudia. She still wanted more, so she handed it to Donna, aka Sam's Mom and told her she needed real B.S.....she asked the right person, Donna is full of it :D:P:D I don't know...I think it's a tie...Anyway between the two of us we gotter done! But it was hand written and we didn't get a copy. So Yes, Theo, if you could email that to me, I would appreciate it.

Archived