cone holder from in house resources!

Love that idea of reusing things!! I just found a use for the clear plastic sewing machine table with the little cutout for my Pfaff. I don't need it much anymore for quilting on that machine now that I have the new 2009 Millenium, but laid it up on the machine rails (the leveler and the other one not used because I float the top and batting). It makes a great table for the LA and since I left the legs on it they keep it from sliding and falling. I don't run the LA with it in place, but find it holds pins, etc while loading the quilt back and love it. Karen

Hi Gloria, (if that's your desk block)... great job.

I too, like many of the other gals like to make things from odds and ends around the house..

We also make a thread holder for cones, mine was made for a 12,000 yard cone, yes, 12,000 yards... just a few odds and ends.. works terrific for domestic machines, sergers. I'm glad Lenni Penny has her own..

Several of the gals in guild have some himself made, too. They say they love them.

RitaR

I knew there would be a lot of you gals with creative imaginations. I've been scoping out an old dishwasher rack for storing my cones. With a little tweaking I think it would hold 20 or so cones on a wall. A little spray paint and voila it's coordinated with the studio! I am doing everything I can possibly think of to save money. DH just got laid off from his 17 year job with the county and wow what a difference that makes! Not much in the way of construction going on down here right now so wish us luck! So I'm going into the bag biz for a while. I have some samples on my webshots page under ONGLO. Tell me what you think! glo

Archived