Can I borrow your Millie...!!??

Well, as much fun as it would be to move, I think I'm going to try some more tricks to get Margie to relinquish her hold on the machine here at home.

I don't think my poem had much effect so I'm taking Margie dancing tonight.

Yes, dancing.

If that doesn't do it, I may have to move to Australia, New York, Nevada, or maybe down to Bull Shoals lake... (you know I was kidding about the "jerk" comment, don't you Carmen??)

mrmargie

I know you're kidding. You could move to Bull Shoals lake. I know of a nice 70 acre piece of property with a house and metal building that is for sale. You could park your plane in the metal building. The problem you might have is landing the plane on a piece of flat land within 40 miles and then taxi it through the hills. You could put floats on it and then use it for a fishing cabin :P

Wow Carmen, I think you may have something there! I'm leaning toward the float plane. Mike and I could sell the boats and just fish off the pontoons of the plane! If the fish aren't biting where we're at, we can get in and fly to Canada...

Guest Linda S

Tell Margie to get those zippers on! They were the VERY FIRST THING I sewed on my Liberty. Pinning takes way too much time. I'll bet she'd save enough time for you to quilt you quilt!

Linda

Ha Ha Mary Beth. You guessed it! They have a wild dance party instead of church every Sunday night.

Actually, our church doesn't have services on Sunday night so we occasionally go listen to a friend of ours who plays and sings in Springfield every week. The dancing is optional, but when I really want to get on Margie's good side, I force myself to get out on the floor.

It can backfire once in a while. Since I'm the dance-king, all the other girls line up to dance with me, but usually I can reserve some time for Margie.

If you believe that, I've got a bridge for sale...:cool:

mrmargie

Originally posted by lym95

..... but when I really want to get on Margie's good side, I force myself to get out on the floor. It can backfire once in a while. Since I'm the dance-king, all the other girls line up to dance with me, but usually I can reserve some time for Margie. mrmargie

Yes! Good to learn that you charmed Mrs Margie with a few twirls around the dance floor. So now that you are known as the dance king, will we see you on TV's Dancing with the Stars? If not, surely we will see you and your award-winning quilt at next year's MQS and yes, you'll be Quilting with the Stars. :cool:

So... Mister... GIT BIZZAY with that quilt of yours. We wanna see pictures, too! Hurry!!

I'm hurrying Shana!

The real problem with being anywhere near a dance floor with Margie is the fact that after a couple of minutes, I start getting cut in on. I usually just go sit down and let the other boys dance with her until she's worn out and then it's easy to talk her into going home :D

Archived