need ideas...

I am new to quilting for hire and need ideas for a quilt that will be use for the local Quilt Shop Hop. The seams are not matched and the top does not lay flat. I think SID is out and realize that the fabrics are busy, as is the pattern. The shop owner has no preference of quilting style and threw out the idea of a meander. All ideas are welcome, remember that I am fairly new.

2871741520105311651S425x425Q85.jpgnull

Kim what about cc's? Maybe you can just stipple down the background and that would give you a place to absorb some of the puckers. Since it is going to hang in a shop with your name on it I would do everything I can to make it look great. Try Bonnie's starch and steam techniques to take in the extra.

Kim, I see a peacock feather meander over the entire thing. It is very busy and nothing will show really well. The peacock feather will help fill the spaces, nail down the seams, and it kind of goes with the colors in the quilt. Just my two cents worth.

Hope that helps.

I'd look at previous posts for the mariners compas. Some really good ideas there. What color thread will you use? The idea of a loose swirly, curvey is a good one as it will be used to hold it together.

You CAN do this, it's not hard, just thread and fabric. All you really have to do s BREATHE. Deep breath, go for it! You'll have fun. Take breaks, dance, look at flowers, potty breaks, pat the fur babies, back to work. it will be done in a blink.

Hugs of encouragement from here. now go do it, Yes you CAN! Signed wanna be cheerleader

I too agree with an all over swirl or circles, this fabric is much too busy for anything to show other than custom SID work and if it is not well made, that would only frustrate and be way too much work. The circles/swirls would give it a nice texture opposite of the pattern and still show off the pattern.

That's my 2 cents worth!

Vicki

I have started quilting the top and am using the Peacock Feathers to do so. The fullness is being eased in without any problems so hats to chickenscratch. I have to walk away when the death grip takes over but so far so good. THANKS!

Here is a photo of the back. I dropped the quilt off at the local shop and will hopefully get some feedback from the shop owner shen the Shop Hop is over. Thank you all for your encouragement, it helps to know that the forum is here!

2617373990105311651S425x425Q85.jpg

Archived