It's been awhile since I've done a panto.

Lovely choice and good job! Quilting from the front or from the back is just a quilter's choice -- we all have our favorite side and they all turn out lovely don't you think? My preference is pantos - I can whip those puppies out in no time and make more money with them. Most of my customers just want the quilt done and they don't really care what I do on it. A few custom quilts come my way now and then, but they cringe at the price! It's always their choice!

Sharon

Thanks for all the great comments. I like the way it turned out but it took me quite awhile. It's a good thing it was my own quilt because I sure wouldn't have made much on a per hour basis LOL.

I'm really pleased with my tension. I used King Tut on the top and Bottom Line in the bobbin. I was a little afraid because the top is batiks but with very little work I got it right. I loosened the top tension quite a bit and even tightened the bobbin some. The bobbin thread was still showing on the top in the tight curves. I backed off the tension on the quilt a little and everything was perfect! Basically I just went through the hints I've read here.

I really like the way that came out. The back is as pretty as the front. Wouldn't that be gorgeous in other colors besides green, also? Purple, pink, blue, tans, etc. Orange and yellow too.

Tell the piecer she did a great job and tell yourself you did also.

RitaR

Archived