Road To California 2010

Online registration for Road To California 2010 has begun www.road2ca.com and for the first time there will be hands on longarm classes! Marilyn Badger will be teaching on APQS machines. Karen McTavish will be doing some lecture style classes and Amy will be giving a lecture style maintenance class. Yeah! Linda Thielfoldt, Jamie Wallen, Pam Clarke and Judy Allen will also be teaching on various brands of machine. I have already done my registration, now the wait begins!

Sue

I just looked up "Road to California Quilt Show" on the web. When I saw the location as Ontario, CA my heart stopped! However, it was Ontario California, not Ontario, Canada :( Oh well, not as close as I thought.... only about 4,000 kilometers different!

Sure looks like it would be a great show to attend though...

I'm registered. It's a hop, skip and a jump from where I live. Hate to say it but I signed up for six classes - one being APQS machine maintenance with Amy. Ive never had but one class so it's time.

Let's stay hooked up and anyone else who's going - I'd love to meet you.

Originally posted by LauraJ

I'm registered. It's a hop, skip and a jump from where I live. Hate to say it but I signed up for six classes - one being APQS machine maintenance with Amy. Ive never had but one class so it's time.

Laura--Where did you see the machine maintenance class witn Amy listed? What day is that scheduled? I'd love to take the class also.

I have signed up for six half day classes, some hands on some lecture style. Susan Amy's class is #414 on Thursday afternoon. It is a lecture so there is still lots of room. It will be interesting to see if the longarm classes become a regular item at Road. I sure hope so.

Sue

• 1 month later...

Hi Sue! Found you! As you know, I just returned from Iowa in July (my Millie was set up on July 21)...and took the 2-day maintenance classes with Amy at the APQS factory. This lady really knows her stuff...and she had us taking things apart and putting them back together... I admit I was a "tad" jet lagged, and a bit tired in the afternoons...but Amy is very accessible if you have any questions. It's a class everyone should take to know how to fix some things on their APQS machines if you aren't within driving distance of the APQS factory in Iowa! (Although there were a few times during class that I must admit that I decided that if anything does go wrong with my Millie...I'll just load her up in my car and head to Iowa....from So California! Kerry :P

Sue.....if there is an OC expert in Millie maintenance...PLEASE let me know! LOL! Guess you meant me....which is an even bigger laugh! Amy was great...but you can teach an "old dog" only so many tricks...and my brain was flooded after 4 days of classes back to back in Iowa! Plus meeting a bunch of wonderful quilting ladies...which really was the best part of the trip for me!

Kerry

Archived