Cant keep straight

I agree, going straight is very difficult without rulers, except for vertical and horizontal stitching. I liken it to trying to drive your car sideways, as the wheels are set to go forward and back (and side to side in the case of our machines). It takes alot of practice--even with rulers--to go against that. Fortunately, there are lots of gadgets available to us to make life easier!

Everyone has to use a ruler to get a really straight line. If you only want a line that just looks somewhat straight, you can do it if you can do it in a perfectly horizontal or vertical line. However, if you want to go diagonally or just any direction where the machine is not rolling either straight vertical or horizontal, you will need to use a ruler if you want your lines to be really straight. If your machine is pulling, perhaps your wheels need adjusting.

Are you using an extended base? I was trying to outline applique without the extended base and I found that the machine wanted to wobble and pull away. But if you steady one hand on the extended base it really helps. I also find the micro drive handles a big help for detail work.

Also check your cord. I have the curly cord and have had to set up an overhead system so my cord doesn't get caught on anything. I also used to have problems with thread on the backside getting caught. I switched to Donita Reves' extended base and there are no corners on it for anything to catch on.

I also had a tight spot on my table early on that I asked for help with. I had to loosen and retighten the bolts that are horiaontal to the lenght of the table. There was on spot that wasn't as tight.

My machine was purchased in 2002 so it is the older table frame that has the squared metal end suports.

I agree with Sandra, check your cord. I have the overhead wiring system.

Bought my machine used, and when moving it to my house, and setting it

up again, the cord just wasn't the same. I still notice it pull on my machine

if I am way over to the left side. Cord is coming up the right send / end.

Do you have the channel locks on your machine? That gets you straight

lines going vertical or horizontal, but not ever quilt you get will be nice and

straight and square. You will still need the rulers.... soon they become

like an extension of your hand!

Goodmorning Everyone!

If you have a Mille.. you have the channel locks... You need to make sure one of them or both, is not locked, that will cause your machine to pull and drag... the other thing is to make sure your wheel adjustments are in the right place, that to will cause some drag! Depending on the age of your manuel, the wheel adjustments are in there, or it is under my top 10 list.. Call if you arn't sure and we can get it figured out for you...

Keep in mind, as everyone has said, you won't ever get a perfectly straight line without a ruler or some kind of guide, that is why there are so many things available, cause no one else could do it either...lol..

Have a great Day, and let me know if you need help!

Archived