Help Serious Senior moment.

KathG

Hi Everyone

I am having a serious senior moment.

I bought the CircleLord and I know i am going to like it a lot.

Thanks to Michael for such quick service to the UK.

Anyways I am trying to sew out the Swirls Giant template , and if there where instuctions they have dissapeared.:o

Could some kind person tell me whch is the top and the bottom from the panto side of the machine.

Also If someone could draw the path I need to follow on the photo of the template, I would be forever grateful. I missed out that squarish part somehow on my first pass, Just dont seem to be able to get it into my head :D

Thank you for your help .

2407398180105114783S600x600Q85.jpg

2129415570105114783S600x600Q85.jpg

Kath, from looking at the first picture you posted it appears you should turn the boards the opposite direction. I have had my boards just a short while and have used them a couple of times, but I can tell you that as you move along the board and come to one of the (sort of) rectangular thingies that you should move into it and stitch it - up the side you go into, across, down, across to the point you entered and then continue on with the next swirl. I have not drawn on a picture and posted so don't know how this will come out, but does this help? Hopefully someone with more expertise will jump in here.

post--13461902348539_thumb.jpg

Well, now that I've posted this and told you to turn the board around, my arrows are going the wrong direction. You should come in from the OUT label and go out at the IN label in the photo. I'll try again. One more clue telling you which way to orient the boards is there is a little hole at the top of the boards that your stylus sets in to use when you put needle down, remove stylus, and roll quilt to line up for next row(s) of swirls. The hole should be on the side of the board away from the edge of the panto table where you stand. I hope I'm stating this so that it makes sense.

Thanks Carmen, that is what I though.

Can I just pick your brain a little more. Do you stitch from the right to the left, when at the back of the machine with the CL. ?

Just seen your other post, I have the little hole on my FanClam template, but there is not one on this Swirls template.

When I checked on the Loricles website the Swirls template there looks different to mine. I think there must be more than one type depending on the machine/table you have.

I have a Millie so the boards would be different. When at the back of the machine you would stitch from right to left. The machine is moving in the same direction whether you are at the front or back of the machine. I'm trying to notate another picture for you but Paint has a terrible font and I haven't been able to change it to that you can read it easily. I'll work on it a little more and try to post another picture.

OK, got one, does this help?

post--13461902348717_thumb.jpg

Kath

That looks impressive. I hope you are having lots of fun and getting into the groove! How are the rails? Did you solve the problem?

How are you feeling today???? Better I hope.

DH took me out for some retail therapy and lunch!!! Bought some new trainer socks and lunch was a Subway. He really knows how to show a girl a good time!!!

Need to get off this forum and catch up on the ironing. Would rather be PPPing like your very good self, but you know that ain't going to happen for a while. Might get to have a go on one at FOQ.

Keep PPPing.

Tracy

I'm glad I could help. Practice on the boards without having the machine turned on. I realize you won't know if you miss something, but it will give you the feel of moving down the boards. You could put little sticky notes with arrows (or marked bottom/top row) where the rectangles are so that you can see which ones go with the first row of swirls and which go with the second, and then once you know you've got it right you could mark with permanent marker. I purchased my boards from another member and she had marked them, but it helps a great deal.

One more thing - I think to line up the next rows of swirls and advance the quilt you would put the stylus in the lowest point of the partial swirl that will be at the top of the board when it is oriented correctly on the panto table. When looking at the first photo you posted it would be in the middle of the photo - between the two rectangles that show one coming from the left, one from the right. I hope that makes sense, and please don't take my word for it - make a dry run to see if it lines up correctly. Good luck, and sorry you have to frog!

Kathy the pattern boards for the smaller machines like your Lenni and my Premier are a slightly different pattern than the larger pattern boards for the Millie.

I think it's only the Swirl and the BF boards that are slightly different for our smaller machines, The rest of the pattern boards are the same for both sizes of machine.

I'd draw you a path pix, but don't know how:o

Hi,

I will email you a copy of the instructions.

The first Swirls did not have the start line at the bottom of the template.

So You sew along the bottom of your quilt, using that line, and

the semi-circles attached.

The new boards do not have the registration hole. You use the

top of one of the semi-circles to hold the stylus while you advance

the quilt so that the needle is over the last line sewn.

If you leave out the filler rectangles, you will loose the illusion of the swirling motion.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Tracy

Retail Therapy is good. Have not got the rail sorted yet. I has my Ds change one of the wheels but he said it would not make a difference ,and he was correct:D I have another idea ,but need to got to the DIY shop first.

Hi Sue

The blue interlocking piece is the spare edge of my foam tiles that I have on the floor in front of the machine, I have another one in yellow abit further down. They have been hanging around for ages and today I found a use for them. I am using them to help to keep the CL templates even all the way along and I also put a piece of painters tape folded sticky site out ,under each corner to stop the CL template from shifting.

Once again thanks to everyone for your help.

Archived