NQR setting your daughter up on a date

Not only did I marry him, the wedding was 10 months and two weeks from the meeting! Afterall, when you all get invited to his place for waffles the morning after the party, friend needed to bring her waffle iron and he needed to go buy waffle mix before we got there! I wouldn't trade him for anything. Later he has told me that he thought I was cute short and wondered what it would be like to kiss a girl with braces. We were married a year before he ever saw me without braces. Who knows what strikes some people's fancy.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed the PS: The friend was his sister-in-law, we married brothers. She had told him "that some girl was coming over to make cakes". She had the house/kitchen and I had the decorating stuff. In the process of the decorating, I needed something to use for the October cake I was making, so Rich took me up to the store to get something. We came back with candy corn and straws broken out of the straw brooms, just a couple out of each broom, to make corn shocks! She, of course, had to stay home and watch her own kid.

Madelyn what a sweet story. I met my husband in HS and he was just a friend. The first time he asked me out on a date I told him that I had to check my calendar because I was not at all sure I wanted to date him. Well we went out and he ran to the flower shop while we were at the restuarant but had told me he had to go to the restroom. Well he got locked out and couldn't get back in and I thought he had left me there. When he finally showed up he had two sweetheart roses for me. OK he saved himself. Then we went to the movies and saw The Jerk. Well he fell asleep on me and I vowed I wouldn't go out with him again! I got home and my mom says, "Your going to marry that boy one day." I told she was nuts! LOL we've been married 28 years now!

I kept telling my sister that she needed to meet her new co-worker's brother. He was a cutie that I had worked with a couple of years before. Man, if Dennis hadn't charmed me by that time, I would have really gone for him! No, she wasn't interested. No, he worked on the slope in Alaska (hi Shana!) and wasn't in the lower 48 enough for her to be interested. She met him--kinda arrogant, she thought. Yep, happily married 25 years next month!:D

Funny what happens when you run away too! My sister was dating a man in college, he was graduating, she decided to spend the summer with our brother in Washington, DC and thought the guy would be staying in MN. She was going to tell him that she didn't want to keep dating, that night, guess what his big news was before she could speak. "Guess what!, I'm going to U of MD for my masters! I'll be in the DC area this summer. That fall the sister called Dad and "asked if she could change her name" (to quote Dad's words in the poem he wrote for them for their wedding, April 1973!) And still married.

Originally posted by lindasewsit

I love this post!!

I agree! this is my first week back to work and being on the quilting forums is the bright spot in my day.

Didn't have much time to be on the computer this summer with my son running around.

so many posts to catch up on!

Rose Hall

So girls here is the scoop. I had to drop the subject completely with her! Then I knew I got to her because now she says she will feel like the jerk if she doesn't text him! LOL we'll see. I say what can it hurt. She didn't tell me that my son told her that actually I had good taste and what could she loose! Love that boy!

• 2 weeks later...

this thread has brought lots of laughter to me this morning. Heidi kids just never listen to our sage advice. But he sounds lika winner to me. She will date when she feels ready and it may be years and all of a sudden some guy will come along and boom. I had been single for almost 8 years and was standing at bus stop when I met my Miguel. who would have thought such a place could be the beginning of a new life. No on thought we would make it a year (including me sometimes) and we are going on 10.

I met my DH in the drive through of my bank! I ended up making a husband withdrawl :P

DH was working at the bank back then as a teller and he would always grab my transaction when I drove up.

He claims it was my car that attracted him to me (I drove a Camaro back then). He knew I was the one after the first date...it took me 24 hours later to know that he was the one for me. The day after our first date I called off work sick, he tried to call me at work and was told I was home sick...so he came to my house on his lunch hour with chicken soup! That's all I needed to know that he was the one for me :)

He also propossed to me in the drive through as well, he jumped out of the van that does maitenance on the ATMs and into my car with balloons, flowers and a ring. Will be married 20 years come October :cool:

Originally posted by mrsbishwit .......He also propossed to me in the drive through as well, he jumped out of the van that does maitenance on the ATMs and into my car with balloons, flowers and a ring. Will be married 20 years come October :cool:

Now that is one of the cutest things I've ever read. He's a keeper.

Yup, he's a keeper, best investment/withdrawl I ever made. And the "chicken soup: gesture has proved to be dead on, over the years he has had to take care of me during my 2 pre term labors, and my surgery this past spring, where he had to do everything house hold and kids related and he never complains.

Yup, he's a keeper, best investment/withdrawl I ever made. And the "chicken soup: gesture has proved to be dead on, over the years he has had to take care of me during my 2 pre term labors, and my surgery this past spring, where he had to do everything house hold and kids related and he never complains.

Archived