How to make new Leaders?

Hi,

I want to make new leaders for my machine. I tried looking through forum responses for a writeup on how to make leaders for a 12 foot table, squaring them up and then putting the new leaders on the machine.

If there's a write up somewhere, could someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks...Mercedes

Hi Kay,

If you remember, Bayside has the canvas to make the leaders - it is very nice canvas and I like the striped effect - will help me know if all is square - I bought the red and white & plan to do them this fall. I will note that it was a little spendier than I had anticipated. I just took the width measurement & then unrolled each leader and measured the length. Since I float - I am only replacing 3 of my leaders.

Did you talk to Amy about the wheel cams yet?? What did she say?? Am curious.

Originally posted by barbm

Meg,

Maybe your machine is different than mine, but..... mine only HAS three leaders! Am I missing something here?:o

Mines think alike...even my OLD OLD machine only has three poles and leaders.... was that suppose to be "replaced two".

Meg,

I did talk with Amy and my Millie isn't missing any cams. I'm only supposed to have the two top right cams on the head wheels and the two front top cams on the rail wheels - that was good news.

Amy send me some instructions on leveling and squaring my table first and then more detailed instructions for adjustments of the wheels if needed. She wanted me to check the table first before doing anything with the wheels - I may need new wheels but, if so, I'll be getting the edgeriders.

I really like your idea about using the Canvas from Bayside for the leaders. It would be nice to have the lined fabric and something different. I'll have to check this out on their websitie and take a closer look at this canvas. I want to add the zippers that I have to the leaders also....Mercedes

Archived