ebay quilt tops?

My Millie is all set up and I'm ready to roll! but I'm too chicken to put any of my own tops on yet. Terrified of ruining a quilt top I've spent 40 or 50 hours piecing! Will I ever get over my fear?! :o:o:o

I've been practicing on muslin, but I want to graduate to a real top with real seams. Do any of you have any favorite e-bay sellers that you buy quilt tops from? Wow, I've seen some pictures that show horrible piecing, and I don't think I want to deal with those issues yet. I was looking for crib size, and alot of the reasonably priced tops were pieced with a serger.... not sure how accurate those seams can be. Maybe I'm too fussy?? Do serged seams present any problems on a longarm?

Anyway, if you have any favorite ebay sellers who are good piecers, I'd love to know!

Monika mentioned some good ones.

Scooter2367 has some cute crib sized quilts. The piecing on the one I have is good. http://shop.ebay.com/scooter2367/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

I didn't have any problems with a top I quilted that was pieced on a serger. I know some long armers won't take them. The way I figure it with the ebay tops is, I need the practice on "less than perfect" piecing because someday I'll get one from a customer.

Hi Monika, nice to meet you! woohoo, another Saskatchewan girl! I checked out your etsy page, you do beautiful work! And just how do you keep your costs so low?! I think you are undercharging! I do need to practice outlining applique, as I have a few of my own to do. Wasn't thinking that might be harder to do when I was piecing them.

Thanks to everyone for your tips. It's nice to know that quiltingwomen on ebay is a good source. I will check it out, and give them a try. Will also ask the local guild if I can do some charity quilts.... and I will remember to say how many I would like to do! Good point! Thanks Sandra!

I have purchased 3 queen-size quilt tops on e-bay for practice and they are great! They are pieced perfectly and I am ready to go with them. They will be those kinds of gifts that you want to give something really nice but don't have time to actually do the piecing. I like to think of them as "team" quilts. Ha! I think two of mine came from the quiltingwomen. I have one more quilt to get done and then I plan to quilt out all three "team" quilts. I don't think you will be disappointed if you are careful with your ebay purchase.

I've gotten 4 tops and a ribbon embroidered block from quiltingwoman and love them.

I just took a king sized dwr off that I bought from another lady and it's really pretty but crappy fabric and piecing. I had to undo all the seams around the outside next to the squares and refigure them. I won't buy from her anymore. Her's are made in India.

Archived