Circle Lord

Sunimp

I am lucky enough to live about half an hour from the home of Michael and Kay of Circle Lord fame. I've had my Circle Lord for over a year now and it was the best investment I've ever made for my longarm quilting (other than my Millie, of course).

Today, my girlfriend Lee and I went to visit Kay & Michael to pick up some new templates and we had a wonderful afternoon with them. Lee bought the new Sakura giant template and I bought the Mini Ginko. We both bought the new Spiro Thingy!

Kay & Michael spent all afternoon going over the basic unit again for our benefit and we both tried out the push button cross hatching system. As soon as the new push button system for the front is available (in about a month) I hope to be one of the first ones to own it.

I can't say enough good things about these people and the company they have created. Michael is a creative genius and Kay, apart from being one of the nicest people I've ever met, is so talented in her own right.

Their service is second to none and I'm proud to know them. So often we only hear about bad customer service and products. I just wanted to give a big shout out to Kay & Michael and tell anyone who might be sitting on the fence about buying a Circle Lord to go for it - it's a decision you will never regret!

I guess I will third that motion. I emailed Michael with a question the other day and he called my house to help me with the instructions. I was not at home so I called later and he spent a half an hour walking me through everything till I got it. He has the patience of Job!! I guess he has to working with all of us. Sometimes things just dont make sense reading the directions, but once Michael talked me through it was fine. And he said if I get confused again no problem just give him a call and he will be happy to explain it again. Thanks for the help!!

Thank you all. You are making me blush.

Kay and I appreciate visitors. Especially, if they bring chocolate

bannana cake.

Linda, below is an excerpt from the Spiro page.

You can link to read the whole thing.

From Spiro Thingy Blog

The price for the Spiro Thingy is $129.00. It will be provided free with all new Circle Lord orders after our End of Summer sale ends Sept. 21. It will cost present CL owners, only $49.00, plus shipping, until March 31st, 2010. We will also continue to offer a $100.00 template allowance for any of the smaller templates that are used with Circle Lord Basic Kit. This makes the base price of Circle Lord about $229.00 less than before we had special offers.

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael and Kay.....

I'm interested in your new do-dad that you can use the crosshatch and others from the front of the machine. I have your PB system but haven't installed it yet.....need to do that soon.

Are you going to offer that "doo-dad" in the future and if so, how much $$$.....my inquiring mind needs to add another good CL "gadget".....LOVE MY CIRCLE LORD !!!...

Michael and Kay, Thank you for all your assistance and patience today, Irene and I certainly enjoyed our visit and refresher of the basic Circle Lord, plus all the other templates we tried. I feel so much more confident in using the CL basic and templates. I do not know of a company that could surpass your customer service. You have a wonderful product line and the cross hatch, with the push button on the front, is so easy to use.

I feel ashamed that I have had my basic set for 5 months and have not used it, but I could use the cross hatch with no problem. I guess you could call me "chicken" It is blatant that your CL is a extremely easy to use if you take the iniative to try. You and Kay have inspired me to get off my duff and have some fun with the CL. Lee P.S. That was banana bread with chocolate chips and will share my recipe if you wish.

Well, I don't live close to Michael and Kay....but I do get to see them once a year at MQS and even though I don't live close....I would say they would be great neighbors to have. Oh if I just lived close what fun I could have!! ;) At least DH would know where to find me ;) I hve not purchased the Spiro Thingy or the Sakura giant template but they are on my wish list among other things.

If you don't have a CL yet....you need one!!

Originally posted by Sunimp

I am lucky enough to live about half an hour from the home of Michael and Kay of Circle Lord fame.

We both bought the new Spiro Thingy!

How fortunate you are to be able to go to their home and try out all of the CL toys and get that personal demo and training! :)

I'm trying to understand the Spiro Thingy. Does it do 12 designs in several sizes, or are the design possibilities somewhat unlimited like I think the Quiltazoid does?

Carmen,

You don't have unlimited designs. You have 6 sizes of the same

slot, or "happy face" that can be configured over 20 ways. So that makes over 100 possible patterns, without including the circles around the basic patterns. The basic pattern is found on the Aztec and the Mini-aztec. It's call the Bowl. It's the most popular of the Aztec patterns. You can set the" Happy face" in positions that you can't with the Aztec. This gives you the various fan patterns.

Cheers,

Michael

Archived