Dory, Bonnie B - sent an email to you both

Today has been a very productive day....in between conversations with my pups and pones;)...I cleaned (read picked-up/dusted, etc.) my house and my studio! Okay, OUR studio--neither of us is overly neat and/or organized, so it took awhile, but boy is it spiffy now. I was going to wait until we moved to the yurt, but they're doing the final pour tomorrow and then a 30 day cure prior to staining and things were making me crazy...so I stayed home today and got it done. Sure feels good!

Oh...and Dennis got the good news that he can transition from four 10-hour days at work to three. This is excellent, since his business is actually taking off and there is no time for the real job, the fun job, and the property/household stuff. He's thinking he'll wait until spring...we'll see though.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of mine here is now taking some medication for something that she has. She hates it...she can't hardly stay focused long enough to quilt for half an hour. That would suck. She is so miserable. She has been frogging on a quilt for 2 days...that took her less than 1 hour to screw up on. She now wants me to do some quilting for her. She is a beautiful quilter and loves to piece. Her comment to me...do not get old.

I have a male Blue Heeler. They are terrific dogs. I used to have a female until she died Thanksgiving Day...nearly 2 years ago. My favorite are the males. Sardi was attacked by a coyote a little over a month ago. He was pretty torn up...and healing slowly. Still has a hip that was severely messed up. He is 10 and limps along. Doesn't help that he had terrible arthritis in his front legs. I hope this isn't his last winter. You know an animal is down when even the birds that he used to torment and chase...are picking on him. :(

My kids are wanting a puppy. We are hoping for a malamute. Hoping to find a new puppy without issues, since I have the 7 kids. I keep hoping to come across the perfect puppy for us. And before I lose my Sardi.

So sorry to hear about Sardi....that must really stink for him to be that buggered up.... Hope he gave the Coyote a piece to take home as well.... Although more than likely he was a bit out numbered.

We had a gorgeous Elk Hound.... names Sarge, and what an animal he was. So if you can't find a Malamute, maybe you can find an Elk hound...very much the same temperment and build.

Poor Sardi. I hope he heals quickly and gives those birds the what for!!

We often have coyotes here, but other than the first winter I was home with my back, I've not seen them try to enourabe our male BC to come out to "play." Luckily, Hank never fell for that; being the coward that he is, he'd sound the alarm and I'd bring him in the house.

I've never had a Malamute, but I did own an Elk Hound briefly. I think I got a bad one; he was a monster!! I'm hooked on Border Collies now. The only other breeds I'd even consider would be a rescued Pit Bull (they get such a raw deal; but they'd also be a ton of work) and eventually, I will own a Basset Hound. They are just so darn cute!

I have always wanted a Welsh Corgi for myself...but that will have to wait. I will research an Elk Hound. I had a malamute as a kid a Bryson raised them for a bit. We both know the temperament nd like them.

I am guessing that only one coyote got to Sardi...or he would have been killed. Came close enough to it. He dropped alot of weight, but is starting to gain it back. He had an abcess on his face too that has now popped. He now stays in hos doghouse where he feels safe. He only pops his head out if I or the kids walk up to him and talk to him. :(

Archived