camp mowana

hey this is really DeLoa not Heidi,

We are having a great time at camp Mowana. The quilts shown at Show and tell were awesome!!!! Pam, Jamie and I are having a great time with the students. Pam is fitting into the camp routine and we are all enjoying her being here.

Everyone is sharing so much. Heidi demoed the Quiltizaoid which is amazing and Pam demoed some of her products. We visited a quiltshop locally and we had to set a time limit for Jamie or we would still be there.

I really can't count how many tips everyone shared. I enjoy this so much every year. It is great to see everyone year after year in a relaxed atmosphere in the woods and share our passion. I miss the people that couldn't make it this year but I hope to see you next year.

Well another late night with teaching tomorrow!

Thanks Heidi, I don't know if you will see this before lunch but I am planning on crashing the lunch party to say

good byes and wish everyone a safe trip. I just can't stay away. If my Hubby wasn't sick of watching the kids I would have been there last night. MEN HMMMM.

Michele

Hey everybody,

DeLoa & Dave & I are doing a retreat in Louisiana in March 2010. I would love for you to visit us. I It is March 22 - March 25. We are even visiting a haunted plantation. DeLoa's Retreat, Louisiana Style, will be at the Judson Retreat Center in the remote area of East Feliciana Parish. Details should be up on her website soon.

Heidi, I will be at Camp Mowana next year. I have decided to visit a VooDoo Queen in New Orleans to take the "hex" off of me!!

Sandra

I just talked to my husband and I will be attending Camp Mowana 2010. I went last year and he was

upset with me, it seemed, so I didn't try this year. I've spent all the spare time I can this year without bothering

my family or the camp members (LOL). He asked me why I didn't go this year, DUH because you were mad about

last year. So now he is willing to take on the family in 2010.

DeLoa has given me permission to come up with activities for Monday night, which is the quiet night.

I'm hoping to do a small introduction to dying cotton, basic silk painting and if I can find white wool, we

will dye that also. A very inexpensive way to get your feet damp. Very excited about this hope at least one other

person will be too!!!!

Michele

Michele,

So glad you came to visit! I don't know if I'll be there next year. My guild is planning a trip to Houston and I won't be able to get 2 weeks off from my real job! We'll see what happens between now and then. Remember I wasn't planning on going this year but the wedding got called off! I had a fantastic time as usual and my personal opinion is this is the best longarm training around! Sandra maybe I'll get a chance to come to New Orleans. Hoping hubby finds a conference there during camp time! Then I don't even have to make any excuses! LOL We really missed you this year.

Michelle

Your offer to do the dyeing class on Monday night is wonderful. I have done a little dyeing and I am always looking for more info!

I have been attending Deloa's camp at Mowana since the very first year. So sad when it is over and anxiously awaiting for next year. Three full days to be totally immersed in instruction from Deloa, Jamie, Dave and all the new teachers she brings in each year. This year, Pam Clark was wonderful. I look forward to seeing you there!

Chris

Camp was wonderful. Meeting Michele was an adventure. She is a person full of great ideas and energy.

Deloa, I had a great time and you can tell Dave that the top lights are on my machine. I will get more help for the bottom one. They work too so I didn't break them bringing them home in the back of my truck. And it didn't rain, we beat it home! Heidi's a great driver. The the GPS (Jack in the Box) got us to a quilt shop too.

Charlotte

Archived