Baby bonnet pattern ( HEIDI)

(I got a little shiver when I read your reply Heidi. Be sure to get the designer's permission before you move her artwork into another medium. Even tracing/scanning it for digitizing could be a copyright infringement. Her site says "only for personal use" and usually the pattern itself will say "do not dulpicate". Sorry, my antennae are out this morning!;) Don't want her unhappy or you in trouble, girlfriend! She may be perfectly happy with your plan--ask her when you call--if only to ease my mind! :P)

Then again, perhaps she has the pattern already available digitized? Just a thought.

Hi all! I just talked to Mary and let her know that she got 1st place on both quilts! She was thrilled! She said, "bless your heart"! And I said, it's not MY heart! it's YOURS! Funny story, about the baby bonnet hand embroidered one. Mary and her sister stopped into the quilt show on Friday morning before they had to leave town.... Her sister wanted to vote for her quilt, and while her sister was going to get something, Mary just stayed there., there were 2 ladies looking at the quilt and Mary heard the one say to the other..."THAT'S NOT hand embroidered! That's MACHINE embroidered!" And that lady walked on, Mary said she put her hand on the other ladies shoulder and said, "yes, it is hand embroidered....I did it!" And the lady shouted out to her friend.."I told you so!" :PI think that is PRICELESS!!! I am sooooo happy for Mary!! linda ps...Heidi, What LInda R suggested is probably a good idea!

Linda,

Thanks for the advice. I was going to use it only for my personal use as I just won't have time to hand embroider it. I love hand embroidery but between work, home & business time is not at all my friend! I will be sure to ask before I did even that. I guess I didn't see that as an infringement but I guess maybe she might consider that. I would absolutely love it if it were already digitized so that I could save the time on that too! Thanks guys.

Originally posted by lindasewsit "yes, it is hand embroidered....I did it!" And the lady shouted out to her friend.."I told you so!" :PI think that is PRICELESS!!!

I love moments like this! Sometimes I wish I could be invisible just to hear comments about the quilts. When I was in Sisters for their show I was sitting on a rock eating my lunch when two ladies walked by and they were discussing the virtues of "hand" quilting versus "machine" quilting. Of course, "hand" quilting was winning in their opinion. I bit my tongue, figuratively, and went on eating.:D

Archived