After quilted??

I am going to attempt to post a photo but in case it doesn't work and I need Bonnie's help here is my problem--a friend, an exquisite quilter sent me a quilt to quilt for a show--she does know I have only had my machine for a year--I am having a panic attack. I get the quilt today and it is a one block wonder. She has included the backing into which she has pieced a panel of her original fabric. Her note to me says: "I have the backing behind my quilt as it should be after quilted." What in the world is "after quilted."

Guess I need Bonnie's help, I go to webshots, change the size to 100pixels, copy the URL to post to a forum and paste it in the spot on the reply page of this forum under Attachment and when I click on Post Reply it goes nowhere??

No, the blocks are not D cups Linda, she is a wonderful quilter. The panel is not centered on her backing, it is off to one side down toward the bottom of the backing??? And by the way, Linda, I got my crosshatching rulers but have not had time to use them yet, soon.

Guess I will have to call my friend, will let you know the outcome.

Well, she means that she had put the backing in the position she wants it to end up in after you have done your quilting. In other words, if she has the backing placed in such a manner that the panel runs horizontally, that's how she wants it to end up...running horizontally across the quilt. It she has it placed vertically, that's how she wants it to end up once it is quilted. If the panel has a definite top, (such as a print that has a definite top and bottom to it, she wants to be sure the top of the print matches the direction of that same print on the front of the quilt. Hope I am making myself clear.

Lynn gets the prize! That is exactly what she meant and when I went back and read the note--I got it. Instead of saying "after it is quilted." she said "after quilted" and I missed the meaning. NOW--that I have separated the quilt from it's backing and don't have a clue how it was, I will still have to call her, oh well, now we all know!

Archived