Nitelite Extra Glow advice

YEA!!! When I thought the tension was loose enough and the quilt was loose enough.....I loosened them both alittle more!! I am done with the quilt! Wasn't bad at all and now I am the best mom in the entire 3rd grade!!

FYI - I just meandered...maybe next time I will try a pattern

this stuff is awesome if its charged up it will glow for about 4-6 hours.... I did a quilt last Christmas for a little guy and he just loved it. Wasn't hard to work with AT all and I too also did just a medium stipple...no breakage to speak of...it did take a minute or two to get the tension dialed in, but not long.

Quilt was glow in the dark yellow stars with blue glow in the dark thread ...pretty cool for a little guy...and he learned really really fast if he took it to the livingroom lamp and got it charged it would last longer than he could stay up.

AND no its not bright enough to take the place of a nitelight...;)

I love this stuff because the kids love it!!! I does have to be recharged but that happens naturally (needs to have light to produce light). I get the large spools from Superior. Another interesting item for kids quilts is the thread that changes color in sunlight. Gotta love Superior, they have the best stuff.:cool:

Originally posted by Gator

I does have to be recharged but that happens naturally (needs to have light to produce light).

But the brighter the light the longer and the brighter the glow....the sun does charge it however the the glow only lasts maybe a couple of hours, however if the threads are charged with a bright light bulb its like one of those concert/underwater diving green bright sticks...and will glow for sometimes 4-6- hours.

Also love the different colors of glow you can get... And agree the sun threads are fun.. I use to have a white sweatshirt that I embroidered "HOW NICE" on it. Will tell you that story in private.

Archived