RnS templates help needed

Tracy G

Just took delivery of my stylus and templates.:) and have had a play, but now I need some advice.

How do you know how far to move the quilt once you have completed the pattern. I can see some dots on the templates and I now that these registration marks are what i need to use but I just can't seem to get my brain round to how they work.

Any little pearls of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Hope you all had a super Thanksgiving

Tracy G

Tracy, the marks you are speaking of are called reference marks. They show you where the highest point of the next row should hit below the row you just stitched. How they are going to nestle together, so you don't get a straight line of blank quilt between the rows.

for the life of me, I wish I could remember what we do or how we use them. I think we use the half round places at the ends where two or more boards connect with the black rubber washers, to put a small mark or little pin to start the next row.

Really wish I could be of more help. Guess it's time to get back to templates now and then.

I hope better help is posted real soon for you!

RitaR

Place the stylus in the round hole and advance the quilt so that the spot on the quilt where you just sewed..lines up with the needle. Make sense?

RnS boards are terrific. I love mine.

If you are unsure...do a dry run with the stylus in the template and make certain that you have the correct spacing before proceeding.

Thanks Kristina. I'm sorry more who have used them, didn't respond, too. Maybe out shopping..

Tracy, I hope this helps you.. I just didn't remember how we did it, so I need and do thank Kristina for helping me, too.

Hugs, and safe fun Holidays to you both!

Ritar

Girls,

I am not getting it!!!!!

I've just done the 1st pass on fossil. I have put the stylus in one of the holes nearest the edge and I am now stuck. I just don't seem to be getting it.

I even had to go to Ikea to get some more fabric to practice on as I had run out. That is another story.

Help.

Tracy G

Hi Linzi

Checked the Quiltazoid offer but it doesn't include postage to UK otherwise I would be ordering one.

Love my RnS boards especially Fossil. Just hope to work out the little problem with how far to advance the quilt.

Let me know how much the books are and I'll send you the pennies for the books and bobbins.

Tracy G

I have the Fossil board. I asked Patricia to convert it to the board for me. It quilts out beautifully.

Place your stylus in the small registration hole at the farthest back of the board near the back of the machine. Then advance your quilt so that the needle lands where your last quilting is at the furthest most part at the front of the quilt. Clear as mud right?!

Then, stop advaning the quilt and place the stylus back on the board near an edge. Then just do a dry run through the board and make certain that it 'quilts' properly.

Hope this helps you to understand better what I meant earlier. :)

Kristina,

Thanks for your help. I just love the fossil board. I am waiting until I manage to get my head round advancing the quilt before I actually put on the quilt that I have got earmarked.

This isn't going to beat me. I won't get chance to play tomorrow as by the time I get home from work/gym I have to be out an hour later as I go to a quilting group.

I will be playing on Wednesday so I'll let you know how I get on.

If you have any photos that would also be a great help.

Many thanks

Tracy

PS Work is the curse of the Quilting classes!!!!

Kath,

Great to chat last nite. I had a go at what you advised. It worked but these marks aren't going to beat me. Hopefully once we see a picture or two it will all click into place. As they say " A picture paints a thousand words"

Wish I didn't have to be at work but it pays for my habit!!!

Have a fun day. Less tidying more quilting. I know the feeling I can't quilt unless my house is tidy.

Tracy

Linzi,

You guessed right.

It is one of those days when I wished I hadn't got out of bed. Everytime I managed to clear one problem someone dumps another 4 on my desk. I have just ordered an intravenous drip so that I can take my coffee that way.

I wish I was at home either playing with my machine or sewing some of my 5300 piece quilt.

I need some quilting therapy of sorts.

Have pm'd you my address.

Tracy G

Hi girls

I'VE GOT IT.

Had a bad week. Families!!! and it isn't even the holidays. My head was elsewhere.

Had a Eureka moment whilst in the gym after work.

Got home, switched on Betty and off I went. Just need to have a bit more of a play, get the tension perfect then I am hoping to take the plunge and put on proper Quilt.

Will definitely post a picture.

Kristina,

The pictures would still be useful, even if it is to reassure me that I got it.

Tracy G

Archived