Carolina Christmas MYSTERY QUILT? Anyone else doing it?

no pictures yet Kristina?

#5 has two different blocks, I wonder what the setting will be like. any blocks yet to post pictures of?

Does not look like I will be able to keep up but I have started by making some half square triangles. anxiously awaiting to see what it will look like.

WOW!! Thank you so much Kristina it looks fabulous!!

any ideas on how she will mix them up. i saw there were more of one block than the other yet the blocks are the same size and it is I think 82 x 82 square. things that make you go HUMPH!! :P:P great job. that was a lot of work for sure. now to wait till next week for the setting and borders. let's give Kristina a great big round of applause!!!!!

The best part is that all of my bonus triangles are going into the Old Tobacco Road pattern that is on Bonnie's website.

So..I have been piecing that one too as I am going. Taking a while...but hopefully by February, I can have that one done too. :)

I love scrappy quilts. Especially on Black. It makes the colors just pop of the quilt.

I read Bonnie' s tip about when putting the squares on top to make the half square triangles to sew a second line 3/8 of an inch from the center to complete your extra 1/2 sq triangle before cutting, is a great idea. I did that last night with two blocks that I was making for a block of the month and it yielded 24 extra 2 1/2 inch half square triangles blocks . You don't realize how much fabric you are wasting until you do this and start recycling them into your next scrap quilt.

Kristina--those look great--I am half finished with step 3--but have all of step 4 cut out and ready to go--I have been finishing some Christmas gifts and the last few customer quilts--so my goal is to just stay with it and have it all finished--with the pieced border--and hopefully quilted and bound--before the New Year--although I am not sure how many more steps are involved.

I really like how this has taken a dent out of my stash--I have been really good with my fabric diet this year--and have only bought fabric for a specific plan.

But it has been fun taking a trip down memory lane using all of my "old" fabrics that I used when I was doing the craft show thing.

Good for you guys saving the waste triangles--I have a few zip loc bags full of those already and don't want to add any more to them--so I am skipping that part this time.

Happy Sewing!!!

Archived