Edgeriders & SR

So...for the first time since December 18, I finally was able to play with my new 2009 Longarm...I named her Lilly (after my mom). It was sort of a double whammy--I have a new machine and we put the ER's on. Let me tell you, as everyone already has, the ER's are SMOOOOOOOOTH!

But here's my problem: the SR isn't working correctly. When I watch the wheels from the back, the SR isn't catching all the movement, causing long stitches. From reading the instructions again, I'm assuming this is a pretty easy fix. But, if any of you have had this same issue, I'd appreciate knowing what you did to correct it. Thanks!

Tighten up that black encoder wheel!(pushing it forward). Also, I use alcohol on a q-tip and clean that black wheel right along with your ER's!

I am not at my machine right now, but, I want to say it's an allen wrench that will tighten...maybe i'm wrong, but if you look at the black wheel you will see what needs to be loosened up, then push that wheel closer to your ER wheel, then re-tighten.

Dory, loosen the bolt that holds the wheel on and push the encoder box in tighter so that the encoder wheel makes better contact with the Er wheel. If your encoder box will not go in far enough to make good contact, you can enlarge the slot on the metal plate of the encoder box allowing you to push it in closer.

You may also need to change the position of the encoder wheel on the shaft with the little hex nuts as it states in the instructions. Like Linzi, with the Er wheels I am not having any slippage of the SR as I had in the past with the black wheels. You just need to get it in the right position.

I was right; it was such an easy fix! Of course, while the ER's are still smooth; perhaps they're a tad too tight now. But...the SR is PERFECT and the tension is PERFECT. Lilly is incredible!!!

Pics later today, MB...promise. Dennis went in to town to play raquetball for a bit this morning, then he'll clean up his "areas" and pictures will be forthcoming. We're going to get a couple more shelves in Reno on Wednesday and a big, bright area rug for the middle, but I won't make you guys wait that long. Its such a great space!

Thanks for the help everyone!!

Archived