S-N-O-W

We are snowing here. It is a pretty snowfall. I think we are to get 2 to 3 inches total. I love a fresh snowfall and I don't mind shoveling. I think of shoveling as exercise (which I have been lacking of late) and a good workout! It is sort of like mowing the grass. I just think of it as a good alternative to walking on a treadmill or riding a bike. I know some of you will think of it as weird, but for me it helps to put a different spin on it. So there is another purpose than shoveling or mowing...exercise!

Just after we were married I decided to mow the lawn for DH....he was fishing in a tournament that evening and I was "helping" him. DH likes to set the wheels up high so that the lawn looks beautiful and lush when he is finished. I don't know why I thought I needed to adjust the wheels, but I had mowed yards all of my life and knew what I was doing :o Anyway, I noticed while I was mowing that the blade was hitting clumps of dirt and I thought this was by far the worst yard I had ever mowed. When he got home...just after dark...he stepped in the front door and turned and looked back at the yard and asked, "Who vandalized our yard?". He won't let me mow the yard any more....even with paretnal supervision :P:D:P

Originally posted by Primitive1

Men and their lawns....

Yes, and when the neighbors mow their lawns he talks about how they are killing their grass....and he admires his yard and blah, blah-blah, blah, blah....:D:P

Yes, it is a great way to get out of mowing the yard, I have not mowed the yard in 15 years. I ask, but he gives me a wild eyed look and says, "No way!":P:D:cool:

I'm giggling here....my hubby doesn't even know where the lawn tractor is....when we bought this house and HUGE lawn he said it was going to be me to do it as he's never home. Well let me say this, I mow it VERY VERY short...that way the time I get to the bottom of 4 acres, the top is ready to mow again. If I left it high I would be spending my whole summer on the tractor.:D As it is its a three day job and then I get a week off and hit it again. When we got home after being gone a month, the bottom was literally waist high, and it stayed there, sitting on the tractor it would have been over my head. :P:P:P

Archived