Masterpiece bobbins

MB,

I use Masterpiece to piece with and use the prewounds. The last set I received has plastic coated bobbin instead of the cardboard. Some of the bobbins are mis-shaped and either don't fit in the bobbin case or I've had to replace because of the bad tension on the DM.

I love Superior thread but I don't like the new prewound plastic coated bobbins.

Donna

Hi Mary Beth

I use the Masterpiece prewounds ( plastic ) and they work just fine in my Millennium.

Still prefer poly bobbin thread for strength, but like the weight of MP. And, since I started buying Masterpiece for piecing my own quilts I don't want to use anything else.

Happy Quilting

Sylvia

I too am addicted to prewounds, it seems.

I have been using the Masterpiece prewounds in my Millie for some time now.

I thought the plastic sides were an improvement, because at times, the bobbin flat spring has gotten stuck in the cardboard sides of other prewouds.....sliced into it.....and caused tension problems. I haven't had this happen with the plastic sides. I haven't used too many of the plastic ones yet though.

Isn't that what Superior puts on their pre-wounds now? The last show I went to, I thought they told me that they were switching from bottom line to master piece? I bought a bunch but haven't used them because I'm totally in love with Fil-tech's magna-quilt prewounds. I've had my machine for almost 3 years and haven't wound my first bobbin.

Donna, you should call Superior and tell them about the misshapen bobbins. They want to know about things like this.

I haven't seen anything on their website about them discontinuing the Bottom Line bobbins. When they first came out, they said the Masterpiece bobbins were for piecing and also for hand work.

Archived