Dresden Plate Quilt

Hi Folks!

Gawsh, it has been forever since I have shared a fresh quilt with you all! I just finished a Dreadful..I mean Dresden Quilt and just uploaded pictures in Webshots. This quilt was pieced by volunteers of the Des Moines Food Bank in WA. and will hopefully raise money with the sale of raffle tickets. Grab a cuppa tea and have a gander if you wish.

The piecing was challenging and sorta all over the place in consistency, sew I felt the quilting should stand out! Hopefully it will bring in enough in ticket sales to help make a difference.

Thanks for looking.

http://community.webshots.com/album/551482386aNuyOE

Gee Sherry,

It is'nt as bad as what I had envisioned after we talked!:P

In fact it is down right stunning!

Sew where can we buy tickets??

You did an awesome job on the quilting & it is sure to bring in some great donations!!;)

Thank you all for looking and for your wonderful comments on the quilting! I think what made this quilt look good, was in part due to the batting I used. I used Hobbs Poly Down which made for a very lightweight quilt and made the quilting stand out due to the loft of the batting. This may now be my new favorite batting in the whole wide world!

Hi Sherry,

You are right about the Hobbs Poly down, it is great for when you have those "less than perfectly pieced quilts"! :P

I also love the quilters dream "Puff", you gotta try that stuff as well.;)

What a beautiful job of quilting! It makes me ashamed to admit that I looked so forward to getting my "Formal Feathers" book and am too intimidated to try the feathers now that I have the book!!! What a wuss, ay??? :( Now, having looked at the pictures, I will be inspired to jump in and give them a try.

Sandra :)

Archived