DeLoa Jones Workshop

Our Northern Illinois LongArm Guild had a workshop with DeLoa yesterday. It was so much fun and I learned so much.

DeLoa is a great teacher and she makes it look so easy. I was so amazed at how fast she can quilt. The workshop was on Sampler quilting.

I'm hoping to be able to go to her camp this year.

I went to this class and it was my first long arm class. She has a computer screen projected, and her quilting is filmed so you can see everything she is doing. First she draws it out on computer mode, think whiteboard, then the stitches it out while repeating the directions that she said while drawing and then does it once more. You get that listen, watch, see, hear and you trace on your own on your drawing paper. She spoke from 10:45 to 3:15 with an hour break for lunch. I've never heard a quieter group of people who gave rapt attention to Deloa. It was great, she is approachable, delightful, humorous and real.

Her husband Dave, her assistant and director of the camera,:D made the comment that she has 5 machines and he only has one Harley. I thought about that and I think if he can figure out a way to make Harley riding into a class that he teaches as a money making business, then he too should have 5 Harleys. They were sweet together and you could easily tell their deep affection for each other tempered with humor and laughter.

Only thing, that room was freezing, to the point where Deloa offered her quilts to snuggle under. And WE DID! What a gracious and caring teacher. I reccommend her highly, even if I can't spell.

oh yeah, and anybody who wants to attend the next meeting of Northern Illinois Long Armers Guild. Please contact Coleen or Deb Figved. We meet on even months of the year, first Sat of the month 9:30 til 12;00. Great group. All machines and quilters are welcome. Next meeting will be April 3rd. Come join us, were fun and informative.

Archived