Jerky bobbin

This seems like a weird problem. When I hold my bobbin case in my hand and pull on the thread it comes out smoothly. However, when I put the bobbin case in the machine, bring the thread to the top and pull on the bobbin thread, it is not smooth at all, but jerky, like its not rotating evenly. And it also seems much tighter. Does anyone know what's going on?

Jessica

I figured it out. I recently bought some new bobbin cases and bobbins. I tried all three bobbin cases and all three did the same thing that I described. I also noticed that the bobbins are a wee bit wider than my other ones. I'm back to the original bobbin case that came with my machine and doing fine again.

Jess

Originally posted by Butterfly

.......I'm back to the original bobbin case that came with my machine and doing fine again.

Jess

Interesting. Our machines are VERY sensitive, aren't they? I have always stayed with using the original parts (bobbins, needles, etc) that came with the machine, and parts that the manufacturer (APQS) recommends and I have never had problems. Glad you "isolated" the problem and are back to being OK again! :)

PS: I recommend you have a few spare bobbin cases on hand. You never know when your case will go bad (dropping it, bending, or it just gets tweaked) it's good to have a few spare parts like this handy... don't want to be stuck with nothing to replace. With wear and tear, bobbin cases have been known to go bad after a while.... Over the past two years, I've gone through two cases so far... tossed them in the trash and moved to a new one. Life is good.

Archived