Thread keeps coming out of the pigtail !!!

Hi

Has anyone else ever had this problem, my thread keeps coming out of the pigtail on the top next to the tensioner disk. I can' t work out why it does it, but when it does the tension is terrible. I have put a piece of wadding in the hook above the thread at back of the machine but it hasnt made a difference, I dont have a net so I cant try that but might get some to try.

Any other ideas????

MTIA.

:)

If it continues to be a problem despite all the adjustments, you can get a rod tip repair kit in sporting goods at WalMart. It's for fishing poles, comes with 3 tips and costs 3-4 dollars. I just took off the pigtail, and replaced it with the rod tip. Flatten out the metal part that fits over the tip of the fishing pole with a pair of pliers. Put it behind the screw and tighten it down. It's round and the thread can't pop out. Works for me. I had the same problem with some of the squirrelier threads hopping out until I did this. Now I never have the problem. Minor modification. (That's what happens when you grow up fishing..:P)

Guest Linda S

I replaced my pigtails with ceramic-coated fishling line guides. You do have to poke the thread through them, but the thread won't jump out, and the thread won't wear a path in the metal that can snag later on. I love my fishing guides.

Linda

All these fishing gadget tips !!! good job I have a client with a fishing tackle shop !! perhaps I can go and check it out.

Thanks for all advice, at the moment I have adjusted the angle of the pigtail and hope I have better luck today!

:)

Archived