Lenni off the rails - THANKS!!!

Barb do you mean that it being so light that it just popped up from the back or something? Mine has never done that with me but once it was used on a different carriage for a demo and they said it kept doing that. I let them use my carriage and it wasn't a problem for them any longer. I think that it just wasn't adjusted right for the carriage they were using it with. I think overall it is very well balanced for how lightweight it is. So not a problem as far as I can see.

If you lean on the handles with all your upper body weight, it will lift up off the rollers, but I've never had that happen when I or anyone else was sewing. This was my teenage son leaning on it while chatting with me. Lots of machines and brands have vertical wheels and I've never heard of this as a problem.

Julia

We've only had Penny jump track once, when she was new, and we were under the table trying to see where to clean her, etc... both of us reached up and pulled a bit, not full body weight nor were we close to that, and she sort of bucked in back, scared something out of both of us.. :D:P:D:P and settled back off track just far enough that when one of us, I think me, :o let her go totally in front, she ended up skewed on the table/track...

Dang I see I admitted to doing something stupid.. :(:(

RitaR

She has already been "lurking" here on the chat, but I will let her introduce herself when she's ready to go public!;)

P.S. I think she will fit right in here - she e-mailed me with some questions earlier today, one of them was, "What is a Hartley Fence? Do Hartleys tend to wander?":P:P:P

Archived