My new Circle Lord Blog

mrsbishwit

Hi everyone!

Haven't been on the chat much these past few days been very busy preparing for my new CL. After waiting all day yesterday for the UPS guy to show, and thinking that maybe I would have to wait until Monday :( It showed up at 7:30 PM. Yeah!!!!

So yesterday I have been multitasking. I need a quick wall quilt for me to play so I used the accuquilt to cut out a quilt, and the rest of the weekend I am going to sew it all together. I also decided to expand my blogging to also showcase my CL adventures and make it easier to use as a refference tool for anyone else out there that might need to be inspired when they use their own CL. So of course I haven't had time to do anything new but I have alot of quilts that I used the CL tools on from when I owned it before. I also am labeling/ tagging these post (all with pics) by the template or board I used for easy finding. Just click on the link of the template you want to see and then all of the post/pics that were tagged with that name will show on your screen.

Also I would like to encourage all you other CL users to create your own CL blog through Blogspot.com (it is so easy to set up and easy to maintain and best of all it is FREE!) :cool: Plus if you do set up a blog for your CL quilts let me know and I will put a link on mine to advetise your blog. It will be kind of like a shop hop for CL blogs! it will allow us to get inspiration and give inspiration to others. Also there is the capability to do slide shows, youtuble links etc... for how tos on the different templates for those who like to do videos. It has the potential to help us all achieve the next level of creativity when using these templates...so what do you think?

Here is the link to my NEW CL Blog

http://www.geckoquiltscirclelordscrapbook.blogspot.com

When you come to visit don't forget to sign up to follow the blog so you get the new updates/posts that I do to it ;)

Hi Joann,

Perfect timing! I'm a new Circle Lord owner---and although I struggled a bit this a.m. with my first project using the Swirls template boards---I finally figured it out and I just finished taking it off the frame.

I don't know that I will make a separate blog just for my Circle Lord projects, (I'll probably just post them on my regular blog and include the CL name in the subject title). However, I was wishing there was a group or forum devoted entirely to discussing of the Circle Lord, templates and boards and etc. I could have used some feedback this a.m. from Swirl board users. I just wasn't sure where to start a discussion about this. Here on the APQS forum, over on MQResources, or exactly where?

I did get in touch with Mary Beth this afternoon---and that helped. Not that it was difficult to use or understand the Swirls once I got the hang of it---it went well. As a newbie it's just a bit confusing right away as to what "path" I was supposed to be on.

Even my husband was in there tracing around with the stylus!

Thank you for starting a blog of your CL templates and how they look on projects. Much appreciated.

Joanne I signed up to follow your blog. I have a blog but do I need a separate one for Cirlce Lord or can it be a link off the main blog. I just have a lot of posts that follow each other right now.

I can't wait till March 22nd to start the Circle Lord Basic class on MQR. So many great things going on with the CL right now, how exciting. And we are almost up to the 300 mark. I think it only needs about 50 more over the next 2weeks. Post all the CL quilts you have. Sure wish I had more done but right now my machine is covered up and pushed aside awaiting her new Studio. Don't want her getting full of construction dust and sheetrock dust. Thanks for adding your CL blog.

Joann,

Please, please enter your quilts in the CL Contest. We need 300 entries to get the full load of prizes, and we're at about 257 now. It ends March 31st. And you could win more CL templates.

Here are the rules.

http://circlelordchallenge.blogspot.com/2010/03/rules-change-end-changed-to-march-31.html

You can post them on the forum here:

http://apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=19875

Or send them to Mary Beth or Carol Lyons to post.

I am having a great time with the new blog and the new CL.

Sparkle glad that you were able to figure out the swirls board. It does take time to get use to the pathway. When I had mine I kept forgeting to do the spacer area in between the spirals...but after doing a couple of rows it sinks in.

Jeanne, I don't think you have to start a whole new blog if you don't want to but if you can add the gadget "Labels" to your current blog, then when you post your CL posts just add the label "Circle Lord" or "CL Swirls" (or what ever template/ board you used then it will make it easier to find the CL posts on your blog. I signed up to follow your blog and will post your link under other CL Blogs :)

Mary Beth & Georgene, I did send Michael the pics per his request the day I ordered my CL but he has been so busy that he hasn't had the time to post them here or on the chalenge blog. Mary Beth would you like me to send them to you or could you right mouse click them from my blog and get them that way?

Oh and I added a tag/label called "Tricks or Tweaks" I will add any little tid bits that I come across or discover that make the learning curve easier and less stressful for others. So if anyone would like to add their own little Trick or Tweaks just e-mail me the info and or pic if you have one and I will add it to my blog with your by line. you can e-mail me at jkabat@geckoquilts.com

Next weekend if there is time I want to start playing with the spiro thingy (customer quilts during the week and CL playtime on the weekends). I noticed that there is not a whole lot out there right now on the spiro thingy so we need to change that.

Archived