Suggestions for fixing!

A pair of cropped pants which fit nice--have yellow/orange embroidery around the bottom--probably about 5" wide--it's not heavy embroidery. However, I don't want the color--and bleach won't remove any color-Ritz color remover won't remove any color. I don't want to cut the pants off. How would you "cover" it up? It's a fairly heavy almost canvas weight cotton. I think when I bought them (a while ago) I had something that went with them--but I don't want a yellow top either. I could try to remove the embroidery--but I'm not sure that won't leave evidence--and once I begin, I'm committed! Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks, Jane

Try snipping out the embroidery. If the holes that are left are too evident, cover with fused fabric (stitch down the edges), wide rickrack, or (mentioned above and I echo the great idea!) ribbon. Especially if they fit nicely, figure out something cute to do! Summer's coming!:cool:

Golly, with the embroidery being 5 inches wide, I'm totally stumped. I think I'd cut it off and then if you want them longer, add a border piece with maybe 2 or 3 compatible colors or a piece of batik fabric. I think Seminole quilting would be stunning.. in the colors you want.. What color are the pants themselves.. ?

Ritar

Archived