I have seen the light!

I found a great light yesterday at Ikea and just installed it on my Millenium. Thought those of you that had been asking for the neato George light would be happy to see an alternative. It will install right into your laser light fixture (with just a bit of tweaking) and then will slide right on the post at the top of the machine. The plug from that light will plug right into the same outlet that your laser light plugs into. Since I have 2 lights, I use another little great find that I got at Ikea to plug it into which I taped down to the top of my machine right next to my Easy button! Hope this helps those that are as light challenged as me!

Here is a direct link to Ikea's webpage and the light that I used. If you do not have an Ikea near you, perhaps someone that does, will pick it up for you. Just remember to TURN ALL EXTERNAL LIGHTING OFF when you are not using it!!! Thank you!

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15579&catalogId=10103&storeId=12&productId=52116&langId=-1&categoryId=16084&chosenPartNumber=40067324

Sherry, this is a halogen light. Aren't you afraid that if you stop to think about where you are going or get distracted you'll burn a whole in your quilt? I have heard that this has happened to others who had halogen lights real close the their quilt top. The IKEA site said to keep the light at least 8" away from things because fabrics, etc. can catch fire as the light gets very hot.

Hi Sue

The light is at least 8" away from the fabric. I have used halogen lighting this way for about 5 years on other machines that I have had. I am very careful and have requested above that others are too. I never walk away from a lit bulb, EVER! Hopefully anyone that uses this idea will be as careful and sensible about it as I have.

Actually, this light from Ikea is has a shorter flexible neck then the one that APQS supplied me with.

Hope this helps ease your mind. Thank you for your concern.

Thanks for the idea and the info. I will have to check that out. We have a

huge IKEA store up in Mpls by the Mall of America.

I had to go back and look for the bracelets after I read Lindas post! How

cute! Why not make her your own - right? Since mine is "Mel" - after Mel

Gibson (and there is more to that story!) I think I better stick to the Tattoos

and such! LOL!

Sherry you seem like such a fun person! Hope to meet you someday!

Judi,

You have no idea what a kick in the pants Sherry is, & I mean that in the most sincere & crazy kind of way!;)

Maybe you could just go visit her machine in person, & throw in a class as a good excuse to see it!:P

Oh Linda - That would be a great ideal vacation - working one of course!

I could visit with Sherry for a couple of days / classses and then hop over

to see you too! As long as I would be with in a state or two, why not?

I almost jumped for joy when I say under her name "Des Moines" - I was

thinking great! That's only a 4 hour drive from here! Sign me up! As far as

going to Washington, I think I would rather fly......

I just called IKEA (what a terrible phone system and she admitted that "Anna" the automated online "person" was a waste of time). Anyway, the lady I spoke with said there is a product hold on that particular lamp because of a manufacturing defect. She said to call back in two weeks because they would retool them and then put them back on the market. She also said it is $11.99. Maybe you should see if the one you bought is defective. Don't need your house to go up in smoke. Been there, done that!!!

• 4 months later...

Archived