Guitar Quilt

Just finished this quilt which was featured in a past issue of Quilting Arts Magazine (Fall 2003). My customer gave me the magazine to see the patterns that Robbi Eklow used for her original design. Her work looked great, but my imitation of it was aweful. So I broke out Darlene Epps Pocket Guides and was much happier with the results. Please take a look, and if you want to see more, I will have the remaining pictures added to my webshots page by tonight. Some of the components were fused and machine stitched, others hand appliqued. My poor machine was groaning through the many layers in some areas, and the batik backing just added to the fun.....:P

Hey Barbara!

That is an AWESOME quilt, & you did an outstanding job excuting the quilting, you will make Robbi Joy proud! ;)

My husband is a lead guitarist, & I am inspired to make one of these as a surprise!

"Rock on Barbara"! ;)

Thank you all so much! Your comments mean a lot to me.

Mary Beth, you are so sweet to think the quilting is without a wobble here or there. There are three things I do: One use the stitch regulator most of the time, two chalk in anything I don't feel at ease doing, and three, never take a picture of any wobbles :)...believe me they are there. There is some paisley meandering in there, but no close-ups of it because they ended up looking jumbled and wobbley: I should have marked a path for them...fortunately they aren't in a large area.

Linda, to tempt you even more the pattern, also comes in a smaller version that finishes at 24 x 24. This one is 49 x 64. I bet your husband would be thrilled if you made it for him.

Barbara I just love this quilt seen one exactely like it at a recent quilt show I would love to have this pattern or obtain old issue magazine...My son is an up and coming guitar player he is going to be 16 which quilts are not cool he insist he does not want me to make one for him..this would be nice to give him when he is older and appreciates what went into it....thanks Jackie

Jackie, my customer tells me that Quilting Arts Magazine owns the pattern for this quilt, so I'm sure if you contact them they can get you the pattern. Geraldine, I didn't think to count how many patterns I used; I have D. Epps Pocket Guides to thank for most of those patterns.

Archived