Swag Border

Carmen,

You can make your own scallop template. Make a paper copy of the border, fold in half, in half again, and again until you get the swag to a width you like. Then use a plate or circle to draw the shape of your scallop and trim. Now unfold and pin that to your quilt and mark. I like to mark the diagonal lines of the border and do a use the same circle to cut the corner. Hope that makes sense.

Hi Heidi,

Yes it makes sense to me. But this is for a top that I have to quilt.

I did find the swag rulers at Columbia River Quilting.

Will use your idea in one of my quilts, Thanks again.

Sharon, for some reason I can't get to the gadetgirls website:(

Thank You for your help

Carmen

Thank You,

I will order the swag template from Columbia River today.

Heidi, I have to sell my Circle Lord before I get the quilttazoid. Is it easy to use?

I find the Circle Lord cumbersome and the add ons way to expensive, for the times I have used them. Three times. It was not a wise choice.

Ladies, Thanks again

Carmen

Marjorie,

I'm not sure. This template is thicker than any of the CL template because it is double sided. Very unique. I have no idea how you attach your templates to the CL front thingy but I'd bet Mr. Marjorie is handy enough to figure out a way to attach it. I just don't know how the CL arm would work with this board. You would have to adjust the depth of your stylus since it is about 1/4" higher than a normal board.

The depth would be no problem, because the stylus simply floats to the height of the groove, which sometimes is a problem on my millie table, because the lexan seems to be a bit bowed. :(:(

Thanks for your answers, I might have to buy it and try it, don't know of anyone close that has a QZ to borrow it.

Archived