NQR - Ferret's Capri

Hi Ferret,

I am (I should say we, me and hubby) also the proud owner of a motorhome, we love it. Although mine is not connected with work as yours seems to be, but they are great fun. My two boys especially love it, and it is great to get away from home and the stresses of life !!

I just need to learn to drive it though so I can use it on my own too for quilt shows !! If my hubby would ever trust me with it without him driving.

Hope you enjoy it ! Have fun.:)

:)

Oh Ferrett - With all your talent and your great designing, I picture your motorhome like a large quilt. Black background would be nice but you need to design some fantastic "quilting on the green part and the two white parts are the borders. Look at the cute "Yurt" being designed. :P Everyone would notice you.

I like the idea of quilting patterns and it's something I have planned as replacement coach lines for the car. I think the green as to go whatever, and it will then gain corporate branding. My company colours are black and silver or black and white. It will also be used when we are racing so I want it to appeal there as well. I do odd bits of sewing for race teams at the track you see.

Ferret

I see a race car and the quilts flying up in the wind it leaves behind..

We had a ball in the RV, but not after 9 years of 24/7 contact bumping around in the RV. Be safe in the racing, and driving.

Driving a rig like the motor home, is easy, what isn't is the electric and water hook ups, the sewer line, the TV line if the rig and the park have them, then fill the natural gas tank so you don't run out in the middle of cooking a meal.

Travel as light as you can, you'll buy less petrol.. and be Very Careful if the wind is great, it will blow the rig all over the road, and can tip them over.

Enjoy, and God Bless

ritar

Originally posted by Ferret

This is it on our race car.

http://www.topnitro.co.uk/09-Tball/Monday/Gallery/html/RS0052773.htm

Yes are race car is street legal it drives to the track, and it's called Trogdor

Ferret

Your logo looks great Ferret ! and will look good on your camper too !!

Where does the name Trogdor originate from then ???

Do you race the car aswell as your other half?

I'm the crew for our (yes I do know the difference :) car. Tet drives and I get to push it in the pairing lanes. If I get a chance to race it will probably be in my road car. Although at the moment he is waiting on me having time to service him or send him to a good garage for TLC. I do a lot of mileage and a car over 20 years old. He deserves some fussing. Hopefully I can use the van for work for a few days and give the car a rest.

However tomorrow will be another 280 miles to go and collect my quilts and their awards from the show. So no rest there.

Ferret

Were they at the Malvern show? Glad you won some ribbons by the sounds of it? Although that drive to collect them sounds like a long one !! you must spend half your life in your car - so it is a good job you love him so much !! and you will enjoy the van too, they are great to have your home comforts. Plus you can stop pretty much anywhere for a toilet break or a coffee break !!! Well maybe not the hard shoulder !!!

Have fun.

:)

Hi Ferret

Sounds great - congratulations on your multiple wins.

Just a note about eating etc on the campervan, remember to lock the fridge - we forgot once and ended up with yogurt all over the carpet and doors when the fridge door popped open !! and don't leave eggs on the edge of the worktop - hubby knocked them off all over the carpet, oh and remember to properly secure bottles of cooking oil, we ended up opening an overhead cupboard and a bottle of oil fell out and spewed all over the carpet.

All of this happened in the first month of having our newer campervan having upgraded last May that poor carpet was fated from the start !

And our eldest son knocked over the barbeque with his football into the campervan.

Luckily since that fateful first month, we have not been so unlucky and clumsy !!!:P

Have fun.

Ouch, that is a lot of accidents. I have a laminate floor, so hopefully if we do manage some of those it will be easy to clean up. I had been wondering if I should by some clips for securing bottles. I guess you would say yes :)

Ferret

Archived