Tomato Soup quilt....

Just finished this quilt just in time for the quilt show this week in Hagersville. I love doing needle-turn applique and this one was a pleasure to work on. It is actually a pattern called "Aunt Millie's Garden" by the Piece-o-Cake ladies (probably my favourite designers!) I call it my tomato soup quilt because that is how the colour looks to me, not sure if it shows true in the photo. I think people will either hate it or absolutely love it like I do! I used wool batting and it is truly luscious. I was going to LA quilt it and actually ordered the right thread colour in just for this quilt, but ended up hand-quilting it....haven't done that in a little while and it sure felt good....I really believe that quilting/appliquing by hand with my morning coffee is so good for my soul. I didn't have the next project ready to go for this morning and was at a loss!:o

As I said, this is ready just in time for our quilt show on Fri/Sat in Hagersville, Ontario, where our featured artist will be Sue Patten.......

Thanks for looking.....:D

post--13461904256037_thumb.jpg

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished this quilt just in time for the quilt show this week in Hagersville. I love doing needle-turn applique and this one was a pleasure to work on. It is actually a pattern called "Aunt Millie's Garden" by the Piece-o-Cake ladies (probably my favourite designers!) I call it my tomato soup quilt because that is how the colour looks to me, not sure if it shows true in the photo. I think people will either hate it or absolutely love it like I do! I used wool batting and it is truly luscious. I was going to LA quilt it and actually ordered the right thread colour in just for this quilt, but ended up hand-quilting it....haven't done that in a little while and it sure felt good....I really believe that quilting/appliquing by hand with my morning coffee is so good for my soul. I didn't have the next project ready to go for this morning and was at a loss!:o

As I said, this is ready just in time for our quilt show on Fri/Sat in Hagersville, Ontario, where our featured artist will be Sue Patten.......

Thanks for looking.....:D

Yes! that quilt is beautiful.. I thought maybe it was some kind of stack and slash, and was shocked that it is applique, beautifully done~!

Heidi M taught me how to applique the easy way, and Julie, it's not hard.. she taught me by email, not in person.

Such a beautiful job, Sandra C, congratulations..

RitaR

Yes! that quilt is beautiful.. I thought maybe it was some kind of stack and slash, and was shocked that it is applique, beautifully done~!

Heidi M taught me how to applique the easy way, and Julie, it's not hard.. she taught me by email, not in person.

Such a beautiful job, Sandra C, congratulations..

RitaR

Gorgeous! Your quilt is absolutely stunning! I went up to the Quilters Unlimited Quilt show this weekend in Dulles/DC and there seemed to be more hand applique this year, I too love it, and usually spend my evenings in front of the tv doing needle turn applique, it's relaxing after LA'ing all day.

Hope it does well in the show, it should!

Gorgeous! Your quilt is absolutely stunning! I went up to the Quilters Unlimited Quilt show this weekend in Dulles/DC and there seemed to be more hand applique this year, I too love it, and usually spend my evenings in front of the tv doing needle turn applique, it's relaxing after LA'ing all day.

Hope it does well in the show, it should!

Archived