Looking for Quilt Shops

We're headed north next week to Trout Lake, WA, with two of the horses, the dogs, the Harley, travelling in our big "Toter-home" pulling the horse trailer.

We will be going through Klamath Falls, Bend, the Dalles and then into Trout Lake.

Any suggestions for quilt shop stops? The only caveat is that they must have parking...unless they're closer to WA. Then we could take the Harley and leave the critters and the monstrosity at camp.:P

We're headed north next week to Trout Lake, WA, with two of the horses, the dogs, the Harley, travelling in our big "Toter-home" pulling the horse trailer.

We will be going through Klamath Falls, Bend, the Dalles and then into Trout Lake.

Any suggestions for quilt shop stops? The only caveat is that they must have parking...unless they're closer to WA. Then we could take the Harley and leave the critters and the monstrosity at camp.:P

Dory, I've lived in WA for 30+ years and still had to go to the atlas to find Trout Lake! :P If you're up for a little road trip once you get to the lake, you might find The Sewing Basket in Prosser WA very interesting. Looks like about 2½ hours from the lake - and it there's any particular fabric you've been looking for, this is the shop that will have it. I'm told this little shop has 5,000 bolts of fabric..... Check out the website at http://www.prossersewingbasket.com

Dory, I've lived in WA for 30+ years and still had to go to the atlas to find Trout Lake! :P If you're up for a little road trip once you get to the lake, you might find The Sewing Basket in Prosser WA very interesting. Looks like about 2½ hours from the lake - and it there's any particular fabric you've been looking for, this is the shop that will have it. I'm told this little shop has 5,000 bolts of fabric..... Check out the website at http://www.prossersewingbasket.com

Guest Linda S

If you can take a slight detour near Bend and go through Sisters, you could hit the Stitchin' Post. There's a horse camp not too far out of town where you could park the lot and take the Harley into town.

Guest Linda S

If you can take a slight detour near Bend and go through Sisters, you could hit the Stitchin' Post. There's a horse camp not too far out of town where you could park the lot and take the Harley into town.

Hi Dori. My sister lives in Goldendale Wa which is just up the big hill from the Dalles and she took me to this lady's house/quilt shop there. She didn't have all that much but it was interesting talking to her and looking at what she had. She has macular degeneration and I felt bad for her to be losing being able to do something she loved. If you want to know more let me know and i'll get you the info.

Carreen

Hi Dori. My sister lives in Goldendale Wa which is just up the big hill from the Dalles and she took me to this lady's house/quilt shop there. She didn't have all that much but it was interesting talking to her and looking at what she had. She has macular degeneration and I felt bad for her to be losing being able to do something she loved. If you want to know more let me know and i'll get you the info.

Carreen

Dory,

In Bend there are two stores. Sew Many Quilts www.sewmanyquiltsinbend.com and B J's Quilt Basket, 20225 Badger Road, Bend 541-383-4310. If you are going through Redmond, just north of Bend there is High Mountain Fabrics, 1542 Hwy 97, 541-548-6909 and as mentioned The Stitchin Post in Sisters www.stitchinpost.com. There are lots more little stores along the way too. I think that the only one that may give you trouble with parking is Sew Many Quilts. I don't remember if it is possible to drive around their building or if the only way out is to turn around. The other two have side streets. The Stitchin Post is on the main road through town but if you park on the street that runs parallel on the north side you will be OK.

I have a Quilter's Travel Companion that I take with me on road trips so I can check for shops on the way, much to my DH's delight!

Enjoy your trip.

Sue

Dory,

In Bend there are two stores. Sew Many Quilts www.sewmanyquiltsinbend.com and B J's Quilt Basket, 20225 Badger Road, Bend 541-383-4310. If you are going through Redmond, just north of Bend there is High Mountain Fabrics, 1542 Hwy 97, 541-548-6909 and as mentioned The Stitchin Post in Sisters www.stitchinpost.com. There are lots more little stores along the way too. I think that the only one that may give you trouble with parking is Sew Many Quilts. I don't remember if it is possible to drive around their building or if the only way out is to turn around. The other two have side streets. The Stitchin Post is on the main road through town but if you park on the street that runs parallel on the north side you will be OK.

I have a Quilter's Travel Companion that I take with me on road trips so I can check for shops on the way, much to my DH's delight!

Enjoy your trip.

Sue

Dory,

Are you going up I5 or Hwy 101? In Redding off of I5 there are two quilt shops: Sew Simple and Sew What...both have good parking. If you are going up 101..let me know and I will tell you all of them up to Astoria, and which ones you can park at...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Have fun and be safe!

Lori

Dory,

Are you going up I5 or Hwy 101? In Redding off of I5 there are two quilt shops: Sew Simple and Sew What...both have good parking. If you are going up 101..let me know and I will tell you all of them up to Astoria, and which ones you can park at...

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Have fun and be safe!

Lori

Wow, thanks everyone. Great info. I hope to be able to stop at at least one or two shops. Its hard though; I really want to get to camp and get set up and play with my pony. Its her first camping trip:)

Barb, the sewing basket sounds interesting, but its just too far away. I don't mind leaving the pones in camp for a bit, but it would take us 3-4 hours there and another 3-4 hours back. I really wanted to go to Buggy Barn, until I realized how far away that was:(

We might try to hit Sisters or one of the stores in Bend; however, by my calculations, we'll get to Bend after the stores close. And if we decide to spend the night, we'll be long gone when they open.

Careen, your place seems like the best possibility. Definitely love more info.

Your right Lori...we'll be nowhere near 5--thank goodness. I'm so tired if I5!!

Lisa, if you want to come down, you should come Friday. The Championship starts Saturday morning, so Saturday will be lots of fun and activities. You do realize that Trout Lake is almost to OR...right??

Shana...this trip will be so much fun. Its been a lot of work getting ready and a lot of planning (for the MIL), but we so need to get away. Currently, our horses are basically money-eating decorations. It will be so fun to do something with them again!

Wow, thanks everyone. Great info. I hope to be able to stop at at least one or two shops. Its hard though; I really want to get to camp and get set up and play with my pony. Its her first camping trip:)

Barb, the sewing basket sounds interesting, but its just too far away. I don't mind leaving the pones in camp for a bit, but it would take us 3-4 hours there and another 3-4 hours back. I really wanted to go to Buggy Barn, until I realized how far away that was:(

We might try to hit Sisters or one of the stores in Bend; however, by my calculations, we'll get to Bend after the stores close. And if we decide to spend the night, we'll be long gone when they open.

Careen, your place seems like the best possibility. Definitely love more info.

Your right Lori...we'll be nowhere near 5--thank goodness. I'm so tired if I5!!

Lisa, if you want to come down, you should come Friday. The Championship starts Saturday morning, so Saturday will be lots of fun and activities. You do realize that Trout Lake is almost to OR...right??

Shana...this trip will be so much fun. Its been a lot of work getting ready and a lot of planning (for the MIL), but we so need to get away. Currently, our horses are basically money-eating decorations. It will be so fun to do something with them again!

Archived