how can i fix this?

Originally posted by IBQLTN2

Heidi

Hope it isnt a kidney stone those can be bad news I hear, luckily not by experience. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better, not fun having company and feeling yucky!!

Thanks Jeanne. I went to the doctors but didn't see my regular doctor and the one I got doesn't seem good to me. She didn't look me in the eye once, even when she shook my hand and introduced herself. Most of her time was spent staring at her computer and her back to me! She did a urine test and said no blood but there was protein so they will check it for a UTI. Her guess is that it is muscular so she sent me home with pain meds and muscle relaxers. If I still have pain on Monday they will then do imaging. So basically if it isn't muscular I'm stuck until Monday. I didn't sleep all night and was in so much pain. I really can handle a lot of pain and it takes a lot to put me in tears. I seldom take any pain meds after surgery and I've had some pretty big surgeries. I told them that I compared this pain to the same pain I have when I have a lung that is 20% collapsed. Time will tell. I still need to go get the pain meds so hopefully they will help. I'm not hopeful because I have such a high tolerance for meds that they seldom have an affect on me. She told me they would make me drowsy...LOL very doubtful. The meds they gave me for my foot surgery were supposed to knock me out but they kept me awake all night and I stopped taking them. The doctor was shocked, they always are but each time I see a new doctor I have to go through this. I hope it just takes the edge off.

Meg, in a way you and I are the same. We just don't give up. I think most of the issues are the needle size, and using bottom line top and bottom is a strange combo. The top tension is, acording to my Penny, still too loose..

I have to use a little flat piece of spring metal to lift the bobbin case finger.. it's the little flexible part going to where the thread comes out of the bobbin case. Took me a long time, red faced admission here, to figure out they didn't mean the flap that pulls out to take the bobbin casing

out of and put back into the machine.

RitaR

Meg, in a way you and I are the same. We just don't give up. I think most of the issues are the needle size, and using bottom line top and bottom is a strange combo. The top tension is, acording to my Penny, still too loose..

I have to use a little flat piece of spring metal to lift the bobbin case finger.. it's the little flexible part going to where the thread comes out of the bobbin case. Took me a long time, red faced admission here, to figure out they didn't mean the flap that pulls out to take the bobbin casing

out of and put back into the machine.

RitaR

meg...you can also try a simple ribbon meander. just do a medium stipple meander...then echo back over it. that would look really pretty i think and would keep you from doing loopies...which might cut down on your tension issues too. bottomline is good...but don't have it too tight...in my opinion. do as heidi suggests and put in a new bobbin case and adjust it loose on bottom...then tighten the top to draw the bobbin up...then fine tune it! :)

meg...you can also try a simple ribbon meander. just do a medium stipple meander...then echo back over it. that would look really pretty i think and would keep you from doing loopies...which might cut down on your tension issues too. bottomline is good...but don't have it too tight...in my opinion. do as heidi suggests and put in a new bobbin case and adjust it loose on bottom...then tighten the top to draw the bobbin up...then fine tune it! :)

geez - heidi - you have really been slammed. you are due for some good luck. i'll keep u in my good thoughts and prayers. how much are you supposed to take? :(

kristina - i think it is the needle. but heres the kick - i dont have a 3.5 on hand. :mad: so - i got it to be as good as i can and i am just doing a large meander. sometimes you can still see the bottom thread - but not often. i would really like to get this to carol this weekend so i cant wait for the new needles. i guess its the thought that counts anyway, right? ;)

but now i am determined to finish up what i have started with using bl top and bobbin. i WILL get it to run properly - and i will record it for the future. i want to be able to use any combo i feel like - and, as you all know too well by now - i am nothing if not stubborn. :mad:

you girls and guys are all the best - i love this place. maybe quilters should rule the world - i think it would be a much nicer place. :cool:

thanks everyone. if i can i'll snap a quick pic before i take it to carol.

Originally posted by hmerrill

Heidi

Hope it isnt a kidney stone those can be bad news I hear, luckily not by experience. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better, not fun having company and feeling yucky!!

Thanks Jeanne. I went to the doctors but didn't see my regular doctor and the one I got doesn't seem good to me. She didn't look me in the eye once, even when she shook my hand and introduced herself. Most of her time was spent staring at her computer and her back to me! She did a urine test and said no blood but there was protein so they will check it for a UTI. Her guess is that it is muscular so she sent me home with pain meds and muscle relaxers. If I still have pain on Monday they will then do imaging. So basically if it isn't muscular I'm stuck until Monday. I didn't sleep all night and was in so much pain. I really can handle a lot of pain and it takes a lot to put me in tears. I seldom take any pain meds after surgery and I've had some pretty big surgeries. I told them that I compared this pain to the same pain I have when I have a lung that is 20% collapsed. Time will tell. I still need to go get the pain meds so hopefully they will help. I'm not hopeful because I have such a high tolerance for meds that they seldom have an affect on me. She told me they would make me drowsy...LOL very doubtful. The meds they gave me for my foot surgery were supposed to knock me out but they kept me awake all night and I stopped taking them. The doctor was shocked, they always are but each time I see a new doctor I have to go through this. I hope it just takes the edge off.

geez - heidi - you have really been slammed. you are due for some good luck. i'll keep u in my good thoughts and prayers. how much are you supposed to take? :(

kristina - i think it is the needle. but heres the kick - i dont have a 3.5 on hand. :mad: so - i got it to be as good as i can and i am just doing a large meander. sometimes you can still see the bottom thread - but not often. i would really like to get this to carol this weekend so i cant wait for the new needles. i guess its the thought that counts anyway, right? ;)

but now i am determined to finish up what i have started with using bl top and bobbin. i WILL get it to run properly - and i will record it for the future. i want to be able to use any combo i feel like - and, as you all know too well by now - i am nothing if not stubborn. :mad:

you girls and guys are all the best - i love this place. maybe quilters should rule the world - i think it would be a much nicer place. :cool:

thanks everyone. if i can i'll snap a quick pic before i take it to carol.

Originally posted by hmerrill

Heidi

Meg,

Here is another thought, have you adjusted your hopping foot at all? it may be too high and that might be messing with your stitch too. I think you'd be more likely to get bad stitches vs tension problems but worth looking at. If you know it is the needle then maybe it isn't the hopping foot. I know I lowered mine a little and it made a big difference in the stitch quality.

To answer your question, no it doesn't seem that I can catch a break. Boy when it rains it poors. I just hoping this isn't a kidney infection because if it is I will probably be really sick by Monday! Hopefully I'll wake up feeling much better tomorrow.

Meg,

Here is another thought, have you adjusted your hopping foot at all? it may be too high and that might be messing with your stitch too. I think you'd be more likely to get bad stitches vs tension problems but worth looking at. If you know it is the needle then maybe it isn't the hopping foot. I know I lowered mine a little and it made a big difference in the stitch quality.

To answer your question, no it doesn't seem that I can catch a break. Boy when it rains it poors. I just hoping this isn't a kidney infection because if it is I will probably be really sick by Monday! Hopefully I'll wake up feeling much better tomorrow.

Originally posted by meg

kristina - i think it is the needle. but heres the kick - i dont have a 3.5 on hand. :mad:

Meg if you need needles, just yell, I have tons here, and can get them into the mail anytime....or I can bring them up...I will be in your area later this month and again in July.

Originally posted by meg

kristina - i think it is the needle. but heres the kick - i dont have a 3.5 on hand. :mad:

Meg if you need needles, just yell, I have tons here, and can get them into the mail anytime....or I can bring them up...I will be in your area later this month and again in July.

Archived