Won Ribbons . . . but No Ribbons

I had this happen to me on four occasions. On two of those they didn't even mention my name in the announcement as the quilter. I feel like any competition should provide a ribbon to both parties as they are cheap to provide. Anyone who has a hand in a winning quilt should be recognized in my opinion and with more than a thankyou.

That is if the piecer has of course credited their quilter and didn't just leave everyone to assume they did it and some really do that. I was surprised really.

Not doing to many customer quilts these days as it has gotten old. No matter what I really believe it is the quilting that wins the ribbons. Maybe I'm just being prejudice.

Teamwork is important but only one ribbon isn't the way to encourage teamwork. It believe recognition to all would encourage more quilt entry's myself.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had this happen to me on four occasions. On two of those they didn't even mention my name in the announcement as the quilter. I feel like any competition should provide a ribbon to both parties as they are cheap to provide. Anyone who has a hand in a winning quilt should be recognized in my opinion and with more than a thankyou.

That is if the piecer has of course credited their quilter and didn't just leave everyone to assume they did it and some really do that. I was surprised really.

Not doing to many customer quilts these days as it has gotten old. No matter what I really believe it is the quilting that wins the ribbons. Maybe I'm just being prejudice.

Teamwork is important but only one ribbon isn't the way to encourage teamwork. It believe recognition to all would encourage more quilt entry's myself.

I think this is a sensitive subject for those of us it has happened to. With me, my customer won "Best Machine Quilting" in her guild's show - :o She called and let me know, so I guess I should thank her for that, but still . . . . .

This year I tried and tried to get our show to do duplicate ribbons in our "Ensemble" catagory - to no avail. It seems that if you have a catagory that *requires* more than one person worked on it, that you would be prepared to "honor" more than one person. And the cost would be quite minimal, since we are making the ribbons.

But no.

They decided that whoever entered, got the ribbon, it was her quilt & her entry. So it looks like some of us up north are still kinda behind the times on this too :(

Archived