Best marking tool ???

Guest Linda S

I like the Clover white pen or Miracle Chalk on dark fabrics. The Marvy Marker in Purple for light fabrics. It's air erasable and disappears either within a few minutes or a few days, depending on the humidity in your area.

Oh - I forgot to say. Be careful of the blue pen and then the eraser to take it out. Blue pen has a way of migrating into the batting and, sometimes, the eraser doesn't get it all out. I only use the blue when I know I'm going to immerse the quilt.

Guest Linda S

I like the Clover white pen or Miracle Chalk on dark fabrics. The Marvy Marker in Purple for light fabrics. It's air erasable and disappears either within a few minutes or a few days, depending on the humidity in your area.

Oh - I forgot to say. Be careful of the blue pen and then the eraser to take it out. Blue pen has a way of migrating into the batting and, sometimes, the eraser doesn't get it all out. I only use the blue when I know I'm going to immerse the quilt.

I would second Linda's warning about the blue pens. I now assume the blue is there but hidden until I have washed the quilt out. Bear in mind that heat (including hot water and sunlight) can set the blue and cause it to reappear from invisible. Detergent can also bring it back. Yup, I've had some interesting experiences with the blue and purple pens.

Ferret

I would second Linda's warning about the blue pens. I now assume the blue is there but hidden until I have washed the quilt out. Bear in mind that heat (including hot water and sunlight) can set the blue and cause it to reappear from invisible. Detergent can also bring it back. Yup, I've had some interesting experiences with the blue and purple pens.

Ferret

I really like the blue pen with the eraser, and also use the SewLine leads in white, pink, black and yellow.. green or blue which ever it is, doesn't come out nearly as easy as the others... just make sure you have a good eraser supply for the marks. once in a while when I want a barely visible mark. like for starting a pattern of stitching, I use the purple just before I start and get it off as soon as it is stitched. I really like the sew line, then I'm sure where I'm to start. The bigger leads and chalks give me too wide a target to start on, and I find every one and mess it up.

RitaR

I really like the blue pen with the eraser, and also use the SewLine leads in white, pink, black and yellow.. green or blue which ever it is, doesn't come out nearly as easy as the others... just make sure you have a good eraser supply for the marks. once in a while when I want a barely visible mark. like for starting a pattern of stitching, I use the purple just before I start and get it off as soon as it is stitched. I really like the sew line, then I'm sure where I'm to start. The bigger leads and chalks give me too wide a target to start on, and I find every one and mess it up.

RitaR

I use the General Chalk marker in either white or light grey. It is actually an art supply, but it just brushes right off. Love it. I also use the Clover blue marker and eraser, but just use a small dot of the marker, barely touching the fabric, so it doesn't have a chance to wick into the batting.

I use the General Chalk marker in either white or light grey. It is actually an art supply, but it just brushes right off. Love it. I also use the Clover blue marker and eraser, but just use a small dot of the marker, barely touching the fabric, so it doesn't have a chance to wick into the batting.

Archived