Air compressor

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

If they say they are for airing up tires will they work on my machine?

That's just "best use" advertising. If they were advertised to be used to blow out the bobbin area of a longarm, they wouldn't sell quite so many!:P:P:P

I love my little compressor--purchased at HFreight.

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

If they say they are for airing up tires will they work on my machine?

That's just "best use" advertising. If they were advertised to be used to blow out the bobbin area of a longarm, they wouldn't sell quite so many!:P:P:P

I love my little compressor--purchased at HFreight.

I think I saw a cheap little one for about $75 at home depot it has a tank on it and is called a pancake air compressor used for tools. That way it fills the tank and you only have to listen to the motor to fill the tank and you still have air. They are really noisy. Buy your hubby one for his birthday for the garage and get you a little air tank and have him put an attachment on it to spray. I just fill mine up once in a while in the garage and don't disturb anyone in the house when I spray out my machine. Of course I do alot of evening and night quilting. I found the little tank at either Checker or Autozone and my son put a longer hose and the spray connector on it. I had told my husband I wanted an air compressor for my room and he said gee we only have 3, but they are big ones and I only wanted a small one so we compromised on this. And I didn't say this but he was right. It is all I need.

If you get your hubby a large one, he can run air tools, etc. And if yours is like mine, he is hard to shop for so it gives you a few more things to get him for Christmas, Birthdays, etc.

Shirley

I think I saw a cheap little one for about $75 at home depot it has a tank on it and is called a pancake air compressor used for tools. That way it fills the tank and you only have to listen to the motor to fill the tank and you still have air. They are really noisy. Buy your hubby one for his birthday for the garage and get you a little air tank and have him put an attachment on it to spray. I just fill mine up once in a while in the garage and don't disturb anyone in the house when I spray out my machine. Of course I do alot of evening and night quilting. I found the little tank at either Checker or Autozone and my son put a longer hose and the spray connector on it. I had told my husband I wanted an air compressor for my room and he said gee we only have 3, but they are big ones and I only wanted a small one so we compromised on this. And I didn't say this but he was right. It is all I need.

If you get your hubby a large one, he can run air tools, etc. And if yours is like mine, he is hard to shop for so it gives you a few more things to get him for Christmas, Birthdays, etc.

Shirley

:cool:Great idea Shirley!! I have large one in the garage already and hadn't even thought of getting just the tank to have in the quilting room. We have several large "tanks" floating around the farm for filling tires etc without having to go to the big compressor. How big is your tank?

:cool:Great idea Shirley!! I have large one in the garage already and hadn't even thought of getting just the tank to have in the quilting room. We have several large "tanks" floating around the farm for filling tires etc without having to go to the big compressor. How big is your tank?

No it was all one piece. It is a Sears Craftsman It's been a couple of years; I think it was about $100 on sale. Look for sales. Mine looks similar to this. They make a smaller one, too that is probably cheaper.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00915310000P?vName=Tool%20Catalog&cName=Compressors&AirTools=&sName=Compressors&ci_src=64119933&ci_sku=00915310000P&sid=IAx20090815x000001&aff=Y

No it was all one piece. It is a Sears Craftsman It's been a couple of years; I think it was about $100 on sale. Look for sales. Mine looks similar to this. They make a smaller one, too that is probably cheaper.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00915310000P?vName=Tool%20Catalog&cName=Compressors&AirTools=&sName=Compressors&ci_src=64119933&ci_sku=00915310000P&sid=IAx20090815x000001&aff=Y

Archived