Do you ever....

Originally posted by Mary Beth

Use Celtic design stencils on quilts....ever??

I hear Dawn Cavanaugh's little voice in the back of my head, saying over and over..."Never use Celtic designs!" from the first quilting class I ever took from her. Yet, I have a quilt that is going into a show that is screaming CELTIC!!!

I think I know what I should do...but will I???

LOL that would challenge me to use it! LOL why is it that we always want to do what we're told not to do? I think if you picked the right celtic design you would be able to stitch it with no problem.

I will probably go with stencils because it has border areas that I want to coordinate with the blocks. I think :o

When Claudia was here she sketched out designs on a clear piece of plastic laying over the quilt...but I don't know if I am ready for that....going to look at it again tonight when I get home and decide if I can tackle that freehand stuff.

I will probably go with stencils because it has border areas that I want to coordinate with the blocks. I think :o

When Claudia was here she sketched out designs on a clear piece of plastic laying over the quilt...but I don't know if I am ready for that....going to look at it again tonight when I get home and decide if I can tackle that freehand stuff.

Archived