Do you ever....

Use Celtic design stencils on quilts....ever??

I hear Dawn Cavanaugh's little voice in the back of my head, saying over and over..."Never use Celtic designs!" from the first quilting class I ever took from her. Yet, I have a quilt that is going into a show that is screaming CELTIC!!!

I think I know what I should do...but will I???

I hear Dawn Cavanaugh's little voice in the back of my head, saying over and over..."Never use Celtic designs!" from the first quilting class I ever took from her. Yet, I have a quilt that is going into a show that is screaming CELTIC!!!

I did one a few years back...less than perfect so I understand what Dawn is saying. If I were to do another without a computer, I would make sure that the design is based in curves which I had templates for because the curves do need to be dead on. Or you could sweet talk Michael into making a CL stencil.

I did one a few years back...less than perfect so I understand what Dawn is saying. If I were to do another without a computer, I would make sure that the design is based in curves which I had templates for because the curves do need to be dead on. Or you could sweet talk Michael into making a CL stencil.

Must have missed that lecture. I use them all the time, not always did/do I use both lines. And I have to admit it wasn't until a few years ago I stopped just crossing where they go under and over when I did, but now I do and they look pretty good.

Must have missed that lecture. I use them all the time, not always did/do I use both lines. And I have to admit it wasn't until a few years ago I stopped just crossing where they go under and over when I did, but now I do and they look pretty good.

MB...check out that spiro thingie pattern book.

You may be able to adapt some of those.

Also, DONT chalk on that celtic stencil. USE the blue marking pen (the wash out with water one) as, you'll want to go VERY VERY S L O W when quilting this...so be prepared to spend some time on this quilt!

Use Deloa's appliguide if you have it, to help steady yourself.

MB...check out that spiro thingie pattern book.

You may be able to adapt some of those.

Also, DONT chalk on that celtic stencil. USE the blue marking pen (the wash out with water one) as, you'll want to go VERY VERY S L O W when quilting this...so be prepared to spend some time on this quilt!

Use Deloa's appliguide if you have it, to help steady yourself.

Originally posted by Mary Beth

LOL that would challenge me to use it! LOL why is it that we always want to do what we're told not to do? I think if you picked the right celtic design you would be able to stitch it with no problem.

Archived