accucut

They have 20% off of a LOT of studio dies. I was going to order the feather dies sooner but was told to wait for the sale. I ordered the long ones of the 2 different feather dies. I am thinking about calling back and adding the basket die. It looks nice. Monika, get your fabric ready girl!!!!:):)

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

I just saw that yesterday...after I placed a good sized order last week. I wish they had said something. One week would not have hurt me. :)

i think you should call and tell them that. i have done this and more often than not, the company will reimburse you. but i'm cheap when it comes to stuff like that. ;)

Kristina, I would call them. The sale was off this week on the basket die I wanted but I saved a lot on the feather dies. I would have liked to order "winding ways" but thought I had better wait.

How are all the "littles"? Did you make Sven anything yummy from the cookbooks? I know it isn't as good as the real stuff but most of it isn't too bad :).

I think you should call them and tell them you have a friend that just placed an order for the feather dies today because when she called last week to order them someone told her to wait for the sale. Can't hurt to try!

Originally posted by meg

I just saw that yesterday...after I placed a good sized order last week. I wish they had said something. One week would not have hurt me. :)

i think you should call and tell them that. i have done this and more often than not, the company will reimburse you. but i'm cheap when it comes to stuff like that. ;)

That's just being practical, not cheap. Besides, it gives you more money for other goodies:D

I emailed them...and have not heard back yet. I am emailing a particular person that I have been dealing with since I purchased my cutter. I am hoping she can do something to help me out. She didn't say anything about the sale to me...or I would have waited before spending so much! ;)

Cheri...haven't cooked much this summer as we have been very busy with baseball. sven has been reading through the cookbooks though and has picked out some things to try. :)

Does anyone have pictures of quilts or projects they have made with their GO or Studio??

I am like Heidi on the verge of ordering the Studio but I am so visual, I need to see what others are doing with their systems, other than the web site etc. (you know real everyday practical quilting) ;) I need to know what I am missing!

I'll hold your hand if you hold mine Heidi we can jump together! :cool:

(Also wondering if you girls trade cutters at all?)

Linda...I just cut a queen size tumbler quilt for my oldest daughter to sew together. It took us 30 minutes to cut the entire quilt. She has already sewn all 255 blocks together and just needs to put the rows together...then quilt it. I hope to share pics of it next week if she can stay home long enough to finish it. :)

Originally posted by (name removed)
Does anyone have pictures of quilts or projects they have made with their GO or Studio??

I am like Heidi on the verge of ordering the Studio but I am so visual, I need to see what others are doing with their systems, other than the web site etc. (you know real everyday practical quilting) ;) I need to know what I am missing!

Linda, I use the studio for almost all my quilts. I have enough dies to cut almost anything that I need out now. If I knew how to post pictures I would. I use the strip cutters the most though. You would not regret the purchase.

I have the GO and it seems to work just fine most of the time. I would really love to have the Studio but can't justify the cost because I would be the only one using it. I purchased the GO for two reasons, other than cost: 1) to improve piecing accuracy and 2) to reduce the opportunity to slice my fingers with a rotary cutter. I especially like the strip cutters but find sometimes the fabric is pushed forward while moving through the rollers. Does anyone know how to prevent that from happening? Normally I use four layers but yesterday I used just two layers of fabric and still had the ripples in the strips. So far I'd have to say my piecing accuracy has improved and I find especially so when using the strips.

A few weeks ago I cleaned the fabric closet and when done had a basket of fabric that I didn't want for my personal quilts. I sorted that fabric into stacks of like colors, i.e., pastels, brights, florals, etc, and cut it all with the GO cutters, packing it with cut neutrals, and now I have several community quilts cut and ready to sew when the mood strikes me.

Originally posted by cblevins

Originally posted by meg

That's just being practical, not cheap. Besides, it gives you more money for other goodies:D

practical..cheap...why split hairs? both achieve the same result...more $ for more toys! ;)

please let us know what happens Kristina. this will say alot about their customer service - which is very important to me.

I bought the studio a few months back. I bought the 12" block set and the 2 l/2 inch strip set to start with. I now have a bunch of them, as they are so easy and fun to use. I have made several quilts now where I have cut everything on my studio. Alot of my customers will bring me their binding fabric to cut into binding. It just takes less than a minute and makes them ever so happy to offer it as a bonus to them. I just ordered the larger circle and the l l/4 inch circle that is on sale. I believe if you order $100 or more, shipping is also free. They run specials all the time, and I'm so happy that I ordered it.

The Studio is awesome! I won't even cut a quilt out now unless it's something I can cut with my dies, LOL. I have all the strip cutters up to 3 1/2 inchs, all the half square triangle dies, the 2 and 2 1/2 inch block dies, the 8, 10 and 12 inch block "kits", the chisel die, triangles in a square, plus an assortment of odd ones, some appliqe, rob peter to pay paul, etc.

I can't get over how much flatter my quilts are now. I didn't realize what a terrible job cutting I was doing until I got the Studio. And of course, it's so FAST!

This is a top I'm working on right now, all cut with the 2 1/2 strip cutter and the 2 1/2 in block die.

IMG_0763.jpg

Originally posted by (name removed)

LOL they aren't making it any easier for me to say no! I'm thinking I could offer a binding cutting service for really cheap and return those with the quilt. At least then I can say it is a business expense!I have also toyed with the idea of making up sample quilts and providing a pattern with any order. Say baby quilt or queen with fabric requirements. I cut for x'$'s and when they pick up they get the pattern too. IT would be pretty quick to do if you were doing the same thing every time and another way to justify the cost of it.

Kristina what in your mind is a must have. I get confused as to what the trays are used for and are they a must have?

you must have the trays. the large tray especially if you get the long dies. the die sits on the tray to be able to be cut. the cutting plastic is a must have too...it is size dependent upon the dies you buy.

i bought chisels #2, both long tumbler dies, drunkards path finishes at 7" (love love love this one), looking at the dies sets for the blocks...but want them cheaper...so not buying just yet.

you must have the trays. the large tray especially if you get the long dies. the die sits on the tray to be able to be cut. the cutting plastic is a must have too...it is size dependent upon the dies you buy.

i bought chisels #2, both long tumbler dies, drunkards path finishes at 7" (love love love this one), looking at the dies sets for the blocks...but want them cheaper...so not buying just yet.

Kristina thanks that helps. I'll have to make up a new list. I think I'd start with the 12" block and I really want the strip blocks but those are so darn expensive! There are lots of the smaller blocks that I want too but I can put those on my birthday/christmas list. I feel like if I get the strip cutter and then turn the cut pieces I would be able to easily cut all squares. I like my binding cut at 2 1/4" so I'll have to see if they have a die for that. I think 2 1/2, 2 1/4 & 1 1/2 would be my most popular (at least for my use). I know I won't get the use out of this unless I cut for customer too but it would be wonderful when I have time to quilt again!

The 12" block is what I started with. You can do TONS of stuff with it. That and the 2" strip cutter was all I had for about a year while I saved my $$$$$$. The only thing negative about the block sets are that they are single dies. Takes a little longer but still faster than rotary. I also love the 4 and 6 inch strip cutters for borders. If you fanfold the fabric you don't have to seam it.

Originally posted by quiltlover03

Cheri, I just mailed a bunch of fabric to one of my Quiltsy friends. She will cut feathers for me and I'll machine quilt for her. It just worked out that way. But thanks so much for the offer.

That's ok, I'll just get busy cutting some for me!!:D

Heidi and Linda, if you are interested I would suggest you call and talk with someone there. That is what I did. They were so helpful and not pushy at all. I had no idea what I would need to get started so they walked me through it and explained everything. One thing she suggested was to buy the largest tray. That way if you start with the smaller dies you won't have to buy another tray when you get the longer ones. I ended up with 2 trays...the smallest and largest. I found it a little awkward using a small die on a large tray. After spending a couple of hours on the phone with them over a period of a week I ended up with the studio, the 12" block set, 2" strip cutter, 1 tray and several sizes of the plastic. I ordered the small tray a couple of weeks later. As I said, they were not at all pushy.

Archived