Marvey Markers

A big Thanks to whoever mentioned that they used those Marvey Markers for marking quilts! I ordered one and when it came yesterday was very happy with it! Nice fine line that disappears but not too quickly and now I don't have to worry about the blue line comming back to haunt me later.

Also, I am making sure to not store them in the same place as my permanent markers as per the other thread about the spray starch. You all are so smart! Thanks for the good advice! :)

here is all my marvy knowledge.

i have heard that you need to store your marvy on its side or it dries up. not sure who told me this, but i do it and mine is still marking after 8 months.

someone also told me that the marvy marks can sometimes reappear as gray lines after time. i have not been using them long enough to know if its true or not. but it was my lqs - and they were trying to sell me bohn chalk pencils.

I've been using them for a few years on Sherry Rogers-Harrison's recommedation. I bought two boxes from Marker Supply a couple of years ago and they are still working fine, none have dried up to date. I haven't had any grey lines come back either but the jury could still be out on that one. I use Bohins when making on darks.

Archived