Looking for suggestions.......

Hi there...

I'm thinking of ordering some new pantos in the next week. I've never tried anything by Keryn Emmerson, but have heard her name mentioned often.

Can anyone give feedback on their favourites??? I like pantographs, but am also curious about her pattern packs....are they full-sized patterns, easy to use, etc.....

How's everyone doing in this heat??? I can't stand it and am not getting any work done at all...my sewing room seems to be the hottest room in the house.:( Maybe I'll try to get some piecing done today, but it's only 7 a.m. and already over 25 degrees!!!

hanging in there..........Sandra

Some of my favorites are, Waterworld and Ribbons and Roses, both by Jodi Beamish - I haven't found anything by her I don't love. Leaf Pile by Donna Reinarts. Paisley Platytime by Lorien Quilting. You can also do a search on this site and find a wealth of information on what other people think and some of thier favorites.

This is the fun part - then you can go shopping!!

Sandra-

My favorite pantos are both by Linda Taylor-they are Feathered Meandering and Feathered Paisley.

And about the heat-you must really be suffering! At least here in Texas we are used to suffering through long hot summers. We will be having our 16th day over 38 © 100 (f). It's kind of like the Midwest winters-just stay in and quilt!

Sue from Dallas

Willow Leaf Studio Pantos (and all of the pantos on her site) are by far my favorite...easy to use and lots of variety. Followed by Designs by Deb pantos.

I have close to 100 pantos right now (love them all :P )

But my customers most pick are;

1) Inkblot (willow leaf)

2) Daisy Swirl (willow leaf)

3) Deb's Swirls (design's by Deb)

4) Peacock Meandering (Linda Taylor)

5) Double Plume (Keryn Emerson)

I have some of Keryn Emerson's pattern packs and they are nice but I have had to re-size the blocks to fit my needs and the pantos are not full sized, you will get 1 pattern repeat and you will need to make multiple copies and tape together to get the legnth you need (which takes time).

Joann

Keryn Emmerson has some very nice stencils. I am also

a fan of Jodi Beamish. I like Paper Chase (works well for

men's quilts). But I am now buying lots of Debs

Designs (Deb Geissler) because I love the way they flow.

Besides using them to quilt, the pantos help me to develop

my own art skills. I see the movement of the panto and

see what kind of designs work well together. It's just

growth but it is fun to learn new things.

SandraC,

I forgot to mention the new Debra Geissler I just got. It's

called Special Rose. It has a panto, plus 3 borders (2" leaf,

4" Special Rose border, & a 5" Special Rose border) and 3

size setting triangles (10", 12" & 15") in one roll. Beautiful

designs and great value. Check it out at The Pattern Station

a good site, lists designers by name with a link to each.

The Pattern Station

or you can go to Deb's site.

http://www.designsbydeb.biz]Deb Geissler

Thanks everyone....

I, too, think that Jodi Beamish is one of the best! I have many of her designs. I've been wanting the Dave Hudson Sunflower one that I think Linda showed on her quilt last week and wouldn't you know it...someone handed a quilt to me that it would be perfect for!!!

The Pattern Station looks great...I may try it but this quilt has to be done fairly soon, and i wonder how long a package from California would take to get here ( shouldn't be too bad, though).

I'll look for that Special Rose, too...so many choices!!!!

Archived