I should be quilting

I should be working hard on my pieces for the fashion show, but my machine just doesn't want to play ball. I've had lots of suggestions from various dealers and staff, but so far no joy.

Personally I suspect my machine of one of it's temper tantrums and if I had time to wait it out it would probably resolve itself but I don't so I'm getting frustrated. I've managed less than a square metre today of a pretty quick and simple pattern. I hate to think how many times the thread has broken. At least this piece is going to be cut up and the back hidden.

However I have a piece of leather waiting to be quilted and right now the machine can't do that. On leather you can't unpick and keep restarting and sewing the same area. It has to just work. So can you folks send some positive thoughts to my sulky beast and see if that will get it working for me?

Ferret

It isn't perfect, but it seems your positive thoughts have at least got the machine through most of what I needed to have done today. Thanks guys. Hopefully Monday we will come up with a proper solution but right now I will take whatever I can get.

All skirt panels complete ;)

Ferret

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ferret

Hope your machine is behaving itself now !!! and you have managed to get your costume completed for the show. I was hoping to get up Friday night for the fashion show, but have to work (after a two week holiday in France I couldnt get anymore time off for a while) I am up on Saturday though so hope to see your work then on display. I think you may be teaching, but if you have any spare time we could perhaps grab a drink??

Take care,

Archived