Could use some help...

Hi all, I know you guys will help me find something fab for this quilt. It is my own and going in our guild show soon. My problem is, I left some nice plain fabic between the flowers in the borders for some sort of freestanding motif, but it needs to be somewhat symetrical. I would like it to somehow incorporate some crosshatching. All I can think of is some sort of diamond shape. but I think that is too "hard" looking. I have spent the last couple of hours looking through webshots and I am stumped!

HELP!!!

How about doing the CH, but before you do, mark out sections using the diagonal line for rows of pebbling?

In other words, you would mark the quilt top, do the pebbling in diagonal swaths lets say, every 3 inches, then when that's done, fill it in with the CH. inbetween those diagonal pebbling lines?

Sorry Caron, I would die right now for a Wacom Tablet!

Carson that quilt is yummy! I would do feathers around those flowers, just echo out the design a couple inches and then fill with pretty feathers in that direction. Then echo. I would definitely do cross hatching in the rest of the background. It looks to me like you could also feather inside those leaves to add some movement. In the bigger white areas of the border I would draw in a square on point and fill with a motif and trapunto it. That would make it really smashing and add lots of interest. Make a frame around the square and do pebbles in that and then run the cross hatching up to that. I would do some kind of featherish in the darker skinny borders and I'd probably cross hatch the outside border or do piano keys.

Guest Linda S

Beautiful quilt Caron! I think I would take one of your flower motifs with the stamens pointed toward the outside borders and sort of trapunto it right smack dab in the middle of those white spaces, then I would back fill with echoing or maybe some curved cross-hatching. I can't wait to see what you do with it. I like it very much.

Continue the line of pebbles between the flowers like the stamens and then cross hatch on either side in a triangle shape away from the central point, back to where the leaves start. Similar to the sawtooth inner border.

Feather the leaves and put more feathered leaves in the spaces between the appliqued ones.

Lyn

Caron - Very pretty quilt - love your colors! I like the idea of the diamonds - do the pebbling inside diamond (that would soften it) and then crosshatch the remander of the border area.... Can't wait to see it done - I am sure it will be stunning!!! :cool:

Archived