yikes!!!!

It is hard when the top is white and the back is black, like I just quilted. Pokies can't be helped, I'm sure that is why I got a blue ribbon. But not sure if it was white thread poking thru or just batting, time will tell. Didn't have time to do much of anything else with it before fair, but going to work on it before Innovations.

Shirley

I am using what the customer gave me...she have me two identical quilts to do...memory quilts sashed in black..black border etc. I even fliped the batting on the second on...it is now upsidedown...but doing better...trying to do as few of stops and starts as possible...2 rows left...saveing them for tommrow..along with the cleanup duties and vacuming of the quilt...not that it will do much good. I hear fzzies..breed????yikes again...

Has anyone tried to use two batting layers on these puppies? I have a quilt that has black backing and some white fabric in most of the blocks on the front. having had the sticky pokie thing happen on a quilt long ago and far far away. I was thinking of using hobb's 80/20 black next to the backing and QD request white by the top what do you think? anyone out there tried this?

Originally posted by moonwoman

Has anyone tried to use two batting layers on these puppies?

Yes, if you have a "white" top and a "black" back, you can layer two battings together... a "white" batting on top and a "black" batting underneath, on back. This will help eliminate white pokies on back and the back is black, and the white is white because there is white batting on top.

I am done with these two quilts....thank goodness...On the second one..I did flip the batting to the wrong side up...less problem as far as pokies go...but I cleaned the threads and clipped them on the top...flipped it once to clean up the back..that way It wasnt handled as much...did use my clover brand seam ripper to poke the pokies back in...that helped...but black backing with white thread...not good...but I guess better than having black tracks on the front. there were a total of84 blocks (two quilts) think I will wine anyway...diann

thanks all for the reassurance two batts it will be I will try to figure out or find where it is out here about posting pics when I have something to show for two batts. and I have sharpies of all the colors I could find!!! jUST CAN'T BE VERY HEAVY HANDED IN WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO COLOR ask me how I know on second thought don't I don't want to relive those episodes. I think Libby Lehman mentioned that in a class once and Marilyn Badger too. If my swiss cheese memory is working today_ddo

Archived